“Pork Fat Rules!”

Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Pork Fat Rules!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Traveling on business, picked this one by chance. Property has obviously been around for a while, but is clean, comfortable, quiet, well maintained and the folks are freindly and efficient. The delightful surprise came at the breakfast buffet - thick cut, salt cured bacon. Delicious and I would estimate maybe 10 slices to the pound.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JS-VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had stayed at another local Holiday Inn in Mobile and hands down had a better stay here. The staff was supper friendly at the front desk every night. The restaurant was a little weird but the servers were awesome and offered some suggestions and helpful hints. The hotel is a little outdated and older but the service well makes up for it. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I had the occasion to spend 2 nights in this hotel to attend some business meetings. I was greeted warmly when I arrived, and felt very "welcome". I found the room to be clean , comfortable and accommodating. As I was engaging with the various staff members on the property I found them to be friendly and engaging at every level. My only negative comment about this property was the restaurant. The menu was very limited (even for a hotel restaurant), and the food quality was at best poor. I had breakfast only two mornings and was very disappointed with the food quality and presentation. Fortunately there are a number of restaurants nearby .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank camguy01
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We were driving to Florida and this was a great night stay on I10
Nice clean rooms, comfy beds

Friendly service

Close to mobile downtown , which is nice city as well

Kids eat free with adult pay
Free wifi
Very good deals on Priceline , name your on price
Free parking

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank planotexas1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear planotexas1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

On our way home from Florida recently we stayed at this hotel. While this hotel might need some updating the rooms were comfortable, small fridge in the room and a good nights sleep. Free internet and no dog fees. This hotel is right off the I-10. In the morning we had a free breakfast...the breakfast was not just the microwave eggs and biscuits but an actual breakfast that you could pick off the menu. We had hash browns, two eggs, bacon and toast and coffee freshly made and free with the room. The server filled up our travel mugs also. Very pleasant staff. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Efficiant front desk, sandwich box left for late arrivers very mediocer but bigg clean bedroom and and bed. If you have a morning appointment get down for breakfast early as, while the food is good and ample, it took 25 miniutes to produce durring a quiet time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We needed a pet friendly place fast after having to leave our other motel due to a power failure. This worked well! A high rise with a pet is not the easiest choice but we are glad we stayed here and had a nice restaurant style breakfast in the AM.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple