“Stay in Mobile” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Stay in Mobile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

+ Room was large and A/C worked great(not noisy).
+ Bed was very comfortable to sleep in.
+ Staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with suggestions of things to do.
+ Easy to get to from I-10.
+ Was on upper floor but that was not a problem. Only negative was outside noise from trucks/motorcycles at night.
+ Was able to almost get a completely dark room at night. Liked that.

Room Tip: Thought getting a room on side away from I-10 would be quieter but there was a lot of vehicle noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Doylestown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Returned to Mobile Al. again and like always also returned to the Holiday Inn. Once again every thing was top notch. The service that I receive from the staff is the main reason I keep returning to Holiday Inn.The building is a little older than some but always well maintained so I do not concern myself with that, my concerns are how is my room, bed, food and service if needed. Those four items have never been an issue so I will continue to stay there when I am in Mobile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maranda H, Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you Jeffrey! We are thrilled to hear our southern hospitality and guest service training are coming in handy! The important thing is that guests like you notice and appreciate our efforts and we cannot express enough how much we appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Guests like you are what keep us going! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hawalli, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was the first stop on a two and a half week road trip. The hotel was a welcome sight after eight hours on the road. The hotel was clean as well as the room with a nice restaurant and bar. Also, there was a number of popular chain and local eating establishments nearby. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. A real plus was that the parking lot was very well lit and secure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Guests like you are what keep us going and make the service industry a pleasant environment! We are thrilled we were able to leave a lasting impression on you and hope to welcome you back to the property soon!

We are also excited to announce that we will be going under a complete renovation to modernize the hotel this year! Come back and tell us what you think :)
Newborn, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Let's start with a positive. The staff is very nice and helpful. Really attentive and trys to do a great job.
The building on the other hand is not so "fresh". I had been here before a couple years ago, and think that I mentioned the same thing then. You can only put on so many coats of paint before it just looks like you are painting over stuff that needs replacing/refreshing.

Is the hotel serviceable? Absolutely. Do they have what hotels are supposed to have (showers/lobbys/elevators)? Yes. Do the surfaces look like they have been repaired/painted over one too many times? Yes..........absolutely.
I've included pictures of rusting towel racks, nasty room service plate covers, and slap dash wire covers coated in layers of paint.
Great location that is close to the interstate, but at what cost? You be the judge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear garliclover101,

Thank you for posting a review of our property We are pleased you like the location and level of staff service. I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced due to the condition of the property ad room amenities. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Gulfport when I'm on this leg of my trip,but they were booked up. I was towing a trailer and needed a place with a large parking lot, which this property does. As stated by other reviewers, this is an older property, I would say it was built in the early eighties, but in my opinion has been maintained well. The room I stayed in had been updated, the front desk staff was very friendly and I got a breakfast coupon, the food was very good. I would stay at this property again and will use it as a back up to the Gulfport Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First, let me thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Guest satisfaction is the number one key to success when running a hotel and I can't express enough how valuable your opinion is.

I am thrilled to hear that our property was everything you needed from the parking lot to the service. We pride ourselves on top notch accommodation skills and are glad we were able to deliver. We are definitely aware that the property is dated in areas and have scheduled a complete renovation to begin later this year! We are extremely excited about these changes and hope to welcome you back to enjoy them!
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I ended up staying at this hotel because the Windham in Mobile off of I-10 gave my room away even though it was pre-paid. The Holiday Inn was able to accommodate me quickly at midnight. the room was reasonably clean & the breakfast was good. The manager on duty was also very friendly and understanding of my distress at the way the Windham had treated me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear CGRH1960,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The room was meh, dirty microwave in fact smelled bad, didn't like the rust and visible wires in the foyer, baseboards dusty.The biggie was that you cannot adjust the air conditioning therefore the room was freezing cold all night.The front desk failed to greet and checking how your stay was.Not impressed at all won't return.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear twinlove2,