“Last minute stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel is dated and kinda smells bad but only room available at 2am...customer service was helpful over phone and found a room after I've called multiple hotels for over an hour

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. We hope to see you again soon, to give you another wonderful nights' sleep, and to impress you with the improvements to our amenities.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stay far away from this place. It's worth the extra $20-$30 for a Hilton or Holiday Inn. Also the directions to the place were way wrong and we ended up literally out in the woods at first, before having to travel 30 minutes to the proper address. The room was filthy and disgusting with smears all over the wall and the bathroom was horrendous. Run from this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

It is disheartening to learn that you were not impressed with our accommodations, amenities and services.I deeply regret to learn that you found our hotel to be so substandard as to be termed "gross," and I assure you that our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard. It is always our goal to give you a 5 star experience and I apologize for failing to do so.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The overpowering smell of bleach in the room was bad enough to give me a headache. Room was not very clean. Had to wait for housekeeping for pillowcases and towels. Huge water stain on ceiling. Lots of thugs and drinking at "family" motel next door

• Stayed: June 2014
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with housekeeping and with the guests at our neighboring hotel. We do understand that some of our guests will have sensitivities to our cleaning products, and we aim to use powerful cleansers with mild scents to avoid this issue and I apologize for the strong smell of cleansers in your room. Your comments help us to see where we need to improve and we appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Do not book this location!!!! Our rooms were booked through Travelocity 3 days in advance for a Friday check in. We called the hotel to advise them that we were running late and told that it wasn't a problem. Upon arrival at midnight, we were rudely greeted by the front desk as if we were an inconvenience. He informed us that we were already checked in to the hotel and I had to remind him that we weren't because I was standing in front of him. He proceeded to give me keys to a room. When we went to what was supposed to be our room and opened the door my wife and children found an man and woman laying in the bed of the room we were given. I immediately went to the front desk and again greeted less than professionally and said he only had one other room available. At 12:30 AM I was willing to take about anything until I saw where he expected me to take my wife and kids. The room was right next to a party of approximately 10 men that were intoxicated. I went straight to the front desk and asked for a refund and he said he couldn't help us since we went through Travelocity. It wasn't until the next day that I called the manager and was able to get our refund, but that was all. Manager Bob Patel was happy to give a refund and understanding of the situation but offer nothing for the inconvenience or trouble that we had to go through. We ended up staying at a hotel 3 doors down that I highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am so sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience that you experienced during your most recent stay. I assure you that this is not a typical occurrence and we are addressing the incident with practical policy changes to avoid similar issues in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have an opportunity to change your perceptions of us.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

1  Thank James R

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I checked in to this hotel despite the bad reviews I saw thinking maybe they have fixed the problems. Boy was I wrong! The first room had roaches crawling all over the refrigerator. We were moved to another room. It was okay, not great. They must have forgotten they gave me this room because someone walked in thinking it was their room. I'm glad my husband was there because I was in the shower. I woke up to a dead roach in my bed. I was livid! Continental breakfast was terrible. I never had such nasty coffee. My appetite was gone so I didn't try the carb-filled breakfast. Terrible experience. I will never return!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with pests and being relocated. I am especially sorry to learn of the incident with another person walking into your room. This is a misunderstanding which has been addressed through improved policies. Further, any issue related to insects is promptly addressed through professional treatments right away. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience. Thank you again for your review.