“Holiday inn on Government St.”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Holiday inn on Government St.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Booked the room for half price and it was completely with full price. Beds were great, Showers was good, bathroom was really small, The AC is industrial power and can cool the room down in seconds. The hotel was great, the pool is very small but nice, the exercise room is insufficient. The sky lounge has an amazing setup and view. The restaurant.... We had the breakfast one time and I was able to perform a drum solo with their waffles because they were so hard, the bacon was old, I would never eat their breakfast again. Other than the restaurant I would recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Brucewayne64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Second time we stayed here, convenient, clean, good beds, roomy and what a view..on the higher levels.
The breakfast is not realy our taste but hey...walk a few blocks and it is improving.
Perfect one night location to discover more of Mobile.

Room Tip: High floors do well.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Ms. Maura and her staff went WAY above and beyond to meet the needs of all of her guests. I'm a flight attendant and I'm in a different hotel every night for three nights a week. I've been in 5 star hotels all the way to one star hotels. I have never been treated with the awesome southern hospitality that was shown to my and my co-worker while we stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Mobile. The hotel itself is unlike any other Holiday Inn I've stayed at. It's decorated beautifully!! The hotel lobby is very nice and they even have a great snack shop if you have any cravings for frozen snacks/candy/chips/drinks. The breakfast buffet was great with delicious food all for $10. The upstairs bar/lounge area is gorgeous!!! It's decorated so beautifully and has an amazing view. You must check it out! The room I had came with a fridge, microwave, super soft mattress, and an amazing view. It was very quiet---even on a busy weekend!! Ms. Maura treated us to lunch at the sister hotel next door and was even so kind to find us tickets to the music festival for free!! She treated is like royalty and I felt as if I was in her own home as you don't come across genuine people like that in the hospitality industry. If you are staying in Mobile, there is no other place to stay than here. It's unlike any hotel I've ever experienced with a top notch staff. Thanks again Ms. Maura for going out of your way to make sure I felt right at home. I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Crissilee
Buford, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Will definitely stay here again, the staff is very friendly, hotel is clean, and the view from the Sky View Lounge is great! Only visited the lounge 1 night, but enjoyed the view and the bartender (sorry I forgot her name) was great!

Room Tip: Hotel is round, our room looked out over the bay area.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This hotel is really as lovely inside as the photos show. The room sizes were huge and wonderful. We got in very late (3 AM) and the entrance was a bit tricky as there are other businesses that share the front area of the hotel. We drove to the side entrance and had an easier time finding which door was for the Holiday Inn. The male clerk was super helpful and cheerful even at that time in the morning. As we arrived so late I asked for a late check-out, which being a Platinum Member is always guaranteed for as late as 2 PM. However, housekeeping didn't bother to check the information and was banging on our door at 11 AM. Couple that with the hip-hop concert going on in the park beginning at 7 AM on a Saturday, we didn't sleep as well as we needed to. Seriously, who thinks that is a great time for a concert? Anyway, that was not the hotel's fault. But I called the front desk as knocking on our door certainly was. I was told that the gal at the front desk got in late that morning and the housekeeping staff had left without getting a print-out of who was checking-out late that day. Honestly, that was lame. I did complain at the front desk and the gal gave me a coupon for 1,000 points. Of course, I lost the dang coupon, but still the hotel itself was very lovely and the staff was at least willing to try and make it right.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My name is Fannie and I am a flight attendant I had one of my long overnight stays there recently and it was one of the best overnight that I have ever had the room was clean neat and everything was fresh smelling the employees there at the desk we're very helpful courteous and kind and miss Maura Garino, who I would like to just give a big shout out to her. She is one of the best people I have ever met, she took us next door to the restaurant and we (the Crew), had the best meal ever, their bread pudding is to die for. I have been telling co-workers, family and friends about my experience and have told them all to go there, again thank you Ms Maura.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, great view, conveniently located in a great location, and the best customer service you could ask for. I Will stay there again next time I'm in town. Hotel restaurant has great food. ......

• Stayed September 2013