“Could help, but wouldn't”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Houston, Texas
“Could help, but wouldn't”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

First off, I made the mistake of booking through priceline.com. In the very small print it says special requests cannot be guaranteed. One of those mentioned is smoking/non-smoking rooms. This hotel only has one smoking floor and priceline booked me on that floor in a smoking room. I have two children with asthma and when priceline refused to help I called the hotel. They had room availability but would not change my room. They said I will have to just show up and see whats available when I get there. After 8 hrs of travel, this is not a chance I want to take but I have no choice unless I forfeit about $100. Ultimately this is what I will have to do if they won't accommodate my meager request. Thanks a lot Holiday Inn :/ You could've made my "vacation" stress free. Now it seems I have to travel 8hrs, roll the dice and possibly stay somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Rick H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rico and Rodney had a wonderful time at this hotel. They were treated like kings. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the hotel serves great food. Make sure you try the gumbo, it's delicious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel served the purpose for a conference at the convention center. About a two-thirds mile walk this hotel, I was not able to get into the main conference hotel. A decent location, the staff were friendly and the rooms were okay. The bed was comfortable. The rest of the furniture and amenities were a bit subpar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Jeff M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the friendliness of our staff. We're sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. Rest assured, your feedback will be used for review and enhancements. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My mom and I stayed here for about a week and had an awesome stay. If you're looking for a hotel with a central location this is it. Dauphin street, which is filled with cute stores and restaurants (Spot of tea!) is a 3 minute walk away so you have plenty of dining options. Our room was wonderful (see tip below) and our housekeeper Victoria was very friendly and helped keep our room clean and fresh. Oh and the beds and pillows are so soft and comfortable ... I have not slept as well as I did in this Holiday inn in a long time. Also, check out the sky view lounge for a nice view of Mobile bay, especially if you're in the area for the Fourth of July. Special thanks to Miss Maura who went above and beyond in terms of service during our stay and treated us like royalty! The next time I am in Mobile I will be staying at the downtown Holiday Inn without a doubt! Free wifi, wonderful rooms, and a caring, attentive staff... what more could you ask for? :)

Room tip: Stay on the 17th floor! The rooms are absolutely beautiful and have large windows with great views of the city. It is on the same floor as the sky view lounge but because the rooms are located in a private locked area (only accessible by room key) privacy is not an issue.

Room Tip: Stay on the 17th floor! The rooms are absolutely beautiful and have large windows with great views o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The location is great for downtown mobile and quick access to restaurants and other activities. The hotel itself was in excellent condition and the staff was very attentive and helpful as well. The rooms were rather outdated with some carpet stains and not so great bedding, other than that the hotel was good all around. It also has an on-site restaurant with a good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear SlateXX,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you appreciated our convenient location as well as our friendly staff service.We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Sulligent, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you want to experience historic downtown Mobile, you can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Downtown on Governor's Street. Literally next door to the Mobile Mardi Gras Museum, the hotel is only a block from the wonderful shops, restaurants, and night life of Dauphin Street. For travelers who plan to cross the bay to the USS Alabama or head down I10 for a day at the beach, the hotel is only one block from the tunnel access on Hwy 98, then you are right at the battleship or the I10 onramp.

The hotel itself is a unique round shape, meaning the bathroom space is a little tight, but the room opens out to enough area for two queen beds and a rollaway plus room for a couple of sitting chairs. The staff was very considerate and the restaurant was good but pricey. The beds were surprisingly comfortable too.

Room Tip: go high for great views of the town
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I decided to extend my stay for another night, and Sarah was very helpful to me. My credit card and I faced technical difficulty. Sarah was very considerate in that she waited for my card to process the transaction. She even stored my luggage in a secured area. Thanks Holiday Inn for hiring the best associates!!!