“Nice Reception after a long drive”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Reception after a long drive”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a long drive starting in Atlanta, I was very happy to stay the night at this hotel. The desk person welcomed me and took note that I was very tired. She upgraded me to a very comfortable suite and then helped me chose a restaurant for dinner. Much thanks to Jocelyn and the staff at this Hotel. Though they had a broken pipe in the lobby prior to my arrival they had the problem in hand.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Nikontom, thank you for choosing our Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent visit to the Mobile area. We certainly appreciate your kinds comments and will pass them along to the entire staff, including Jocelin. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel as comfortable as possible while they are with us (even when we have broken pipes). Nikontom, we do hope that if your travels bring you back to Mobile that you will once again choose to stay with us.
Joy B. Knodel, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St. Louis
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I just recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Mobile and I have to say the service was outstanding. One person in particular was very impressive. Her name was Cari and she provided excellent service and helped me when I couldn't find my keys. Everyone on the staff there seemed glad to see me. She was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jeff D, thank you for taking time to comment on your recent visit at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile. We certainly appreciate the kind comments regarding Cari and the rest of the staff that you encountered. I am glad to know that Cari was able to assist in locating your keys, I know how frustrating locating missing items is. I will be sharing your comments with Cari and the rest of the staff. Jeff D, we do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Mobile area that you will once again choose Fairfield Inn & Suites.
Joy B. Knodel, General Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I usually stay at this hotel for Bay Fest. This was the 4th year DH and I stayed here. Each year it seems to get worse. First started staying here because it had been newly renovated. Now it has no extra appeal. Also, whenever we come there is a soccer team that stays over and they just take over the hotel as if they are the only guests. I always see housekeeping just hanging out. And this year, the front desk staff seemed to be less than personable.

If I hadn't stayed here before and had good experiences, I wouldn't have rated this at a 3. But next year, if I even attend Bay Fest, I will be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room that isn't near the elevators, preferably on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank erikasmack
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
erikasmack, thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to our property. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to each and every guest that comes through our front doors. I do apologize if you felt that our guest service staff was less than personable during your visit. Since your last review in 2011, we have added the new "Jump Start" Hot Breakfast. We do hope that you will return to stay with us if your travels bring you back to the Mobile area.
Collierville
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed one night as a stop by point, convenient location on I-65, many stores and restaurants nearby. However the hotel room was terrible, as soon as walking into the room, felt the moisture. the bed sheets and cover had really strong mildew smell. Try to avoid this hotel if possible.
The free breakfast was simple but serves its purpose.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Q Z
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
QZ, thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Without our Guests feedback, we cannot address issues that occur. I certainly hope that we were able to get you moved into a clean, comfortable room that did not have moisture issues. We try to stay a step ahead of the damp weather but sometimes, the rain gets the better of the situation here in South Alabama. It is our goal to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable room and hearty breakfast. We do hope that you will return when your travels bring your back to the Mobile area.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed at this location for 1 night on 8/23 during a week long vacation while visiting campus. The hotel is nice but I woke up covered in ants all over the place! We checked out quickly in the morning after being too disgusted to eat breakfast at this location. To my surprise the front desk did NOTHING to ease out concern. No partial or full comp of the room, Marriott reward points, etc. I would NOT recommend anyone stay at this location unless you mind sharing a room with creepy crawlies!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ntwkstudent
I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have resulted in your recent stay with us. If our Guests do not give us feedback, either positive or negative, we cannot continue to improve our hotel standards. We do strive to provide a clean, comfortable room for each and every guest that walks through our doors. We take the same approach at breakfast, providing a clean environment along with a variety of food choices for almost any eater. We do hope that you will return in the future, giving us a chance to redeem ourselves.
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Chose this one because it seems in a good location, near highway and plenty of eateries nearby. The room was space and clean. Workout area was space too. Breakfast was not spread out but enough choices for a good nutritious start. Evenings provided needed iced water bottles. Front desk was helpful when needed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Marilyn R, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind words. Without our guests feedback, we cannot continue to improve on our services. We try daily to provide everyone with a clean, comfortable room and as you said, a fairly nutritious breakfast. We do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Mobile area that you will choose to stay with us or one of the many other Marriott properties in the area.
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

There were a few problems with our check in and a few others on the same day. The room that we paid for was not available so we were put in another room. Everything is good except the service. Most of the workers had attitudes.

• Stayed July 2013