“Unclean, Unsafe, Questionable Trafic from other guests!”

Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Jacksonville, Florida
“Unclean, Unsafe, Questionable Trafic from other guests!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

VERY UNCLEAN, VERY UNSAFE, Smelled Unsanitary inspite of changing rooms, even questioned taking a shower. Had we not been traveling so far, and I question if we would have received a refund had we gone to another hotel, we would Not have stayed. My husband and I slept in shifts till morning to continue our journey. We have stayed in Many hotels, This Was the Absolute WORST and Very Overpriced, inspite of making reservations Online and 800# Simultaniously.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank BBBDD
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you felt unsafe and that our rooms were unclean. Please accept my apology. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I landed in New Orleans and had a long drive through the rain to reach the hotel in Mobile. I was promptly greeted and checked in. I entered my room to find a large refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker with coffee, breakfast bar, table, and chair with ottoman. There was also a large modern flat screen TV with a good selection of channels. We were very pleased. We woke up the next morning to breakfast which offered several types of Quaker granola bars, hot oatmeal (several varieties), several kinds of fruit, oatmeal bars, and banana nut, chocolate, and blue berry muffins. They had hot chocolate to drink, and very good Columbian or Arabic coffee with regular, French vanilla or Hazelnut creamers.
The Hotel was strategically located on historic Springhill Rd. in the heart of one of Mobiles great old neighborhoods. In fact, a couple of miles up Springhill is Mobile Municipal Park which hosts the Mobile Art Museum and the Botanical Gardens. You are also near the University of Alabama. You are at an interstate Exit so you can travel up about a mile on the interstate to the Airport Blvd Exit and there you will find two malls, Sam's, and Wall Mart down the service road. If you have a few days, the world famous Bellingraph Gardens and Home, and the Battle Ship USS Alabama is a must. Seafood is what Mobile is famous for, so they have a multitude of options available. You must also drive through the old historic neighborhoods downtown, and make sure you visit the IMAX and learning area for children. The hotel is in a perfect location to visit all of these attractions.
I must say that the staff was friendly, helpful, and facilitated my every request. They had free Wi Fi, and very good customer service to insure you were connected. My next visit to Mobile will include this hotel for me and my family.

Room Tip: Request first floor facing the entrance
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Naplestravelers
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear such positive feedback about our staff and hotel.Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
fort walton beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I came to Mobile, AL and stayed here. The staff was so sweet and helpful. The rooms were very clean and so were the grounds. I wasn't familiar with the area and the staff was more than willing to help me with directons. Great location right off the interstate. If you are coming through Mobile I highly recommend staying here! Great location, staff, and price!

• Stayed September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The outside of the building looked great and has had some major renovations, too bad you can't say the same for the inside. The room had a terrible odor of dirt and stale cigarette smoke even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. When we got in our room the bath tub had standing water in it where housekeeping failed to drain it. We either had to let the water out ourself or wait until the next day to have it looked at. The toilet had trouble flushing and it was noon the second day before anyone came to fix it. The refrigerator door had rust spots. I will say the check in was fast and the staff was friendly. I guess by looking at the outside I was expecting better on the inside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SheliaMc
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your room condition. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Starting with checkin the woman was nice but not very professional. & she was responsible for training a young girl & did not have the skills to do that well never mind do it while handling guests on a sold out Bayfest weekend. She was unkempt herself. Her shirt was completely wrinkled & dirty with what appeared to be food.

The 1st rm we were given was filthy. The walk to it should have been a clue. The halls are disgusting dirty cement. The bell cart too dirty to touch. The elevators are full of dead bugs, dirt and hand sweat marks, inside and out. The advertising signs have been vandalized as have protective glass over the permits. The elevator is broken & you must stop on the 2nd floor both up & down .
as soon as we opened our door we could smell mildew. It was apparent it was an old property. It looked like it had started renovations w/ a new tub liner. A new tv was nice. But sitting on old dirty furniture. The floors had not been vacuumed. Under the beds had dead bugs, old food. Including an old mold dust cover peach pit. One bed skirt was covered in white mildew. The refrigerator was broken & flooded the bottom& onto the floor The top was covered w/ large droplets including the unprotected light bulb. No maintenance on until next day. I was concerned it could have been a fire hazard. The pictures had been removed from the walls. The kitchenette & table had dirty counters. As did the night stand.
We spoke w/ the woman @ the front desk who told us they were sold out and could do nothing to fix the problems until the next day. I said I was allergic to mold & mildew & could not stay in that room with the bedding especially.
She asked the girl she was training to show us rm rm 342. She said it was all she could do. Clearly we were bfought to the Do Not Rent rm. This rm was vacuumed. Did have pictures on the wall. Refrigerator was working , however the furniture was all broken. Bedside table front of drawer pulled half off as I opened it, the tables, & countertops had glass water stains , not washed, coffee and ketchup dripping down front of fridge, bureau top thick with dust as was window sill, ac unit, mostly everything. I wiped down most of it. We were going to miss our concert and were frustrated so I was going to call them and say ok for the night but big fixes in am. But the phone had been smashed. No buttons. Yet plugged in. When I picked it up it made noise for a couple minute. Not safe to be wired and broken . Again clearly the Do not Rent rm. Where all the broken things go. The bathroom had a huge hole where the silver circle for the drain lever normally would be. The entire bathroom is sold old difficult to tell what might be dirty or stained.
Awful impression. Bed linens worn & stained. Same on the chairs. Lookrd like body fluids... too disgusting.
I went down to speak with the woman at the desk who was ill prepared to handle this situation. She also was left out to hang by management as they had not staffed appropriately at the desk, in maintenance, or in housekeeping. They clearly do not train well either. Management should take full responsibility for their failures.
I spoke with Extended Stay America as my daughter and I went looking for another hotel at 3 am we were so uncomfortable with our " options". They agreed that our Money should be refunded in full. Since we booked through trip advisor. They said they will refund to trip advidor. Trip advisor must refund me. But trip advisor does not use a phone only this complain review so here it is & I will be anxiously awaiting your response. . My confirmation #w/ TA was wct303488443. With the hotel was 111763500.
as a person with Multiple Sclerosis traveling can be difficult enough. This truly ruined my night and next day.

3 Thank Emeraldrose1
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that there were so many issues. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I choose this site for the full size refrigerators they have and was very let down that the room i was given had a bum refrig in it. My room also the air conditioner in the room did not work. Needless to say I am finding a new place to stay!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the refrigerator had issues. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed in Extended Stay for just about 3 weeks and the service was excellent to include friendly and helpful staff. I would like to give a special thanks to the manager Demetria for being so helpful with giving me directions and the great service she provided me during my stay. I would like to say Lakeshia one of the housekeeper knows how to clean and room from top to back she is a keeper in my book and was very polite and friendly. And Jackie was awesome very friendly and provided great customer service. Ladies you guys rock just keep up the standards and remember the customer does come first.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our staff. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.