“Perfect place while visiting son at SOUTH”

Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just came through, visiting my son for a week at south, as we had family issues recently. This place is as good as any if not better for the price. Staff were actually fun to talk to while I was killing time (Thanks Jeremy and Jackie) and made it for pleasant as I was by myself. Door was a little hard to open, and it would get a tad noisy at night but nothing the average person couldn't look past unless you're picky. Over all I would defiantly come back next visit (location doesn't hurt either).

Room Tip: The further away from front the less noise it seemed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Preston J
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and our friendly staff, especially Jeremy and Jackie. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had to go through hotwire dot com.. for financial reasons. I was a lil leary of how it would be for the price. But after we got here. EVERY ONE of the staff was so friendly! Jackie checked me in ..she was so KIND! The housekeepers were extra friendly and helped with any thing I needed. The bed was EXTRA comfortable. The room was a nice size and we loved the lil kitchen in it. We really only had one complaint, that was sometimes in the evening, I guess when the working men got off of work, they would get loud by our door and smoked and it would come into our A/C vent..and my husband and I do not smoke. Other then that, we were very satisfied and would use Hot Wire to come here again for the price and location. Thank you to ALL the staff... GREAT PLACE,...GREAT SERVICE! God bless you all. Anita G.

Room Tip: Bring extra pillows. They didnt have any extra for us. Front side may be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Anita - Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a home away from home...great customer service,agent Demetria was awesome
Very professional, excellent rooms, full kitchens
Hotel is convenient to entertainment and food.....we spent time there for Mardi Gras
Very good experience

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Pros:
-close to I-65
-large rooms
-clean and quiet for the most part
-helpful staff

Cons:
-no luxury
-window/curtains offer little privacy
-outdated furniture and fridge
-smoky odor in non-smoking room (albeit not overbearing)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient location and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I can just say that for the fee required for pets the rooms would be cleaner. However the cockroaches were friendly. Stove didn't work, room stunk so bad I could barely stand it. Would have moved but no other pet friendly hotel had any rooms available. We had to buy air freshener to survive.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lasvegal

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, msh@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just stayed there to party for Mardi Gras and the room was great. Yes it is an older hotel, but they had it clean nicely. We were missing a few things in our room (wash cloth, coffee, and extra pillow that we requested), but Hope the general manager personally brought them to our room and apologized for the inconvenience. Would stayed here again. The price was good and the staff was very helpful. We needed help trying to figure out where a few things in town were and they were very helpful!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I see the reviews giving this place good marks, but, you must have been staying somewhere different than my wife stayed last night. First, she had to go looking for the desk clerk, who was out in the parking lot talking with the people hanging out there. She had to look at 3 different rooms before she found one which was clean enough to accept. It still smelled old, musty and dirty, though. She had to clean and sanitize the bathroom and kitchette. The carpet was sticky. Bed smelled dirty. She had to sanitize it. Drawers in dresser were broken. All rooms have outside entrances, so less secure. Right on the Interstate so there was loud road noise all night. And then there are the her guests... She said she appeared to be the only woman there. Parking lot activity went on all night. Doors slamming, horns blowing. She got maybe 3 hours sleep. I told her to move out and we'll find her another place. Just because we have to travel on a budget does not mean we will put up with a dirty, UNSAFE, NOISY place like this. If I could have given this a negative score, I would have. This is a place to avoid!

Room Tip: Take the second floor so you are not right on the parking lot. It will be a little safer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank raymond w

Raymond – Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the noise levels, odors and the level of cleanliness in your wife’s room. Please know, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and guest protocol so that issue does not affect our future guests.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.