“best hotel in town in affordable price”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Rancho Cordova, California
“best hotel in town in affordable price”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

very nice front desk staff guys who work in the morning as well in the evening. very helpful and pleasant in talking. would recommend to all my friends and family to stay at the hotel.i travel 40 days a year to talk that town and always stayed there never had a chance of complain. good breakfast available at the time, helpful housekeeping staff as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Spent 2 nights here while working in the Mobile area. On arrival the check in experience was very good and the desk clerk very friendly and found my reservation quickly. My first impression of the room was very good, it was a small suite with a room divider between the bedroom area with a desk, couch and coffee table. As I got settled in I began to notice small annoyances like the office chair sat too low for working comfortably at the desk, I had to clean the coffee pot carafe before I could use it. The bowed shower curtain rod was mounted too closed to the tub so that the curtain was always touching me while I was showering. The TV had a horrible red huge which made watching it very uncomfortable. The desk clerk did respond quickly to my complaint about the TV and the next day there was a different TV in my room. The bed was very comfortable and the internet speed was good for my purposes. The next day upon returning to my room I noticed the old coffee left over from that morning was still in the carafe, I checked further to find the old coffee grounds still in the basket. There was a clean hand towel and and wash rag on the desk as I entered the room; when I entered the bathroom there was my old towel still hanging from the bathroom door. The bed was made but I do not know for sure if the sheets had been changed. The breakfast buffet was disappointing, the first day there was eggs but not meat, the second day there was meat and no eggs. With a little more effort this could have been a good experience for me. The housekeeping staff performed poorly and the alternating hot breakfast items gave me the impression of skimping. I had decided that I would discuss all these complaints with the desk clerk when I checked out but the desk clerk never asked me how my stay was. He quickly sorted through receipts and handed me mine and turned away. So I decided I would air my experience here. This is just not what I am accustomed to when staying at a "Choice Hotel" specially a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Joseph S
Calera, Alabama
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying here. The hotel was very nice and at a great price. Will most likely refer them to anyone. The staff was very nice. The location was great because you were only a few minutes from everything. Thanks for making my honeymoon memorable.

• Stayed September 2012
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the first time I’ve been disappointed with a Comfort Inn. On the positive side, check-in personnel was very friendly and helpful and I‘m sure he would have given us a different room if we‘d requested it - but I didn‘t think another room would solve some of the problems here. Apples, bananas and coffee were available at check-in which were an unexpected treat. We were put in a handicapped room, which I accepted since there would still be two available for anyone really needing this, and it had lots of space - kingsize bed, sofa, nice-sized table for computer use, wardrobe, and more. Unfortunately, the room smelled like it hadn’t been used in months - very very musty smelling. There are two double electric plugs on the one wall. One has to be shared between the fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. So in order to use the microwave, we had to crawl under the counter there and unplug the coffee pot. (I thought the room was clean until we got under there - think the vacuum cleaner missed that space) Next I needed to plug in the computer, but that plug has to be used for the desk lamp, tv and computer - so once again something had to be unplugged (we chose the microwave, since we already had that counter pulled out. I also felt uncomfortable when a truck stayed parked near our room in the parking lot for over an hour with lights on and people in it. I’ve stayed in worse accommodations, but this isn’t one I’d pick for my next trip

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjnky
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel. The location was convenient to the interstate, yet very quiet. Not only was the room very clean, but the king-sized bedroom was larger than most rooms costing twice the price. It was one of the best hotel beds we have encountered. The day desk-clerk allowed us to park our trailer in their lot in the morning even though we could not check in until 3 pm. The evening desk-clerk was wonderfully hospitable & engaging and gave us a good recommendation for dinner with accurate directions. The breakfast was satisfactory with a good selection of choices, including waffles. We are moving to Mobile and will recommend this hotel to our family and friends who need a good place to stay. If you book a room through the Choice Hotel website and pay in advance, the room rate drops about 20%.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PilotCarol
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right behind Cracker Barrel which the only good thing about it! Rooms are rundown, outdated, & has mildew odor in 3 of the rooms we tried. Tub drained very slow so water back washed in tub. Bought odor removing spray which didn't help the over bearing mildew odor. Dresser was broken. Hair in the bathroom. Just over all disgusting! And mgmt even knows about mildew because he said Oct 1 the mildew is gone. Really? Wont be back to find out.

• Stayed August 2012
B.R. , LA
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

First not what you would expect for a 100.00+ room. Carpet was dirty, tile in bathroom cracked, furniture was chipped and the microwave lets just say older model. Lol. The hotel is situated between three lower priced chain hotels and sort of scary going in through the back closer to our room. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank luvbookworm1
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Pete Patel