Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Location - sketchy area on this side of I65. Other side of highway is nicer. Don't go out after dark.
Room was clean but the hotel could use some repairs. Our first room had a malfunctioning door knob and very stained carpet. We asked to be moved and were accommodated quickly.
Watch out when calling for reservations. We were quoted a price quite a bit higher than we knew we could get the room for. We were told we were getting the last room and that's why we couldn't get the lower rate. We booked online and got the cheaper rate. Upon arriving we changed rooms (obviously didn't have the last room) and the hotel was only about half full. Breakfast was subpar. Waffle maker needs a serious cleaning and so does the batter dispenser. Original batter had a hint of blueberry flavor as if the two sides got mixed up at some point. All waffles were sticking on the grid no matter how much oil spray was applied.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Meanmom13
Miroj R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

thank you for your time and effort in writing a review regarding your stay at the hotel. it gives us great pleasure and encouragement to know that you enjoyed your stay here. we will assure you that your future stay with us will be even better and more hospitable.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The full breakfast included sausage patties and eggs along with A fresh selection of fruit and pastries. Our bathroom needed some repair but functioned fine. Location was close to the highway but not near anything of interest. Overall it was okay for 2 nights. The pool is extremely small. It works for our young children but would not be suitable for swimming laps.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CLemyre

thank you for your time and effort in writing a review regarding your stay at the hotel. it gives us great pleasure and encouragement to know that you enjoyed your stay here and we will certainly will look in the matter you have mentioned in your review as we highly encourage our guest for suggestion for improvement . we will assure you that your future stay with us will be even better and more hospitable.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary, were originally in a king suite and had to downgrade to a king room due to a leak with our toliet... the front desk guy came up, looked at the toliet and then my husband had to go down to get a key to a room across the hall... kind of dissappointed that we had to move from the BIG spacious comfortable room, but glad we did because the TV was too small and too far away from the bed to be able to watch and see what was on it comfortably... the 2nd room we were in, was ALOT smaller, but seemed to be more of a comfortable fit for us... Over all the stay was really well!!

STAYED JUNE 7, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Starluvr004

thank you for your time and effort in writing a review regarding your stay at the hotel. it gives us great pleasure and encouragement to know that you enjoyed your stay here and we apologize for the trouble you had when you had to move to another room but nevertheless we will assure you that your future stay with us will be even better and more hospitable.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

On our recent road trip, we spent the night at Comfort Suites, 5660 Tillman’s Corner Parkway, Mobile, AL 36619. It was a nice place to stay; and on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, we rated it a 7. The beds at Comfort Suites are always clean, have lovely linens, and new mattresses that are not broken down on the sides.

Let me list the things that we found: broken potty lid; when told staffer about towel rack with decorative washrag being right over commode and accidentally falling into it, staffer was hostile to our suggestion that washrags not be placed there; too short of a shower curtain that allowed water from shower to drip onto bathroom floor; no wet bar but had microwave/refrigerator; huge desk and TV/4-drawer dresser; 2 queen beds/sofa bed with no lounge chair; large closet as piece of furniture; Wi-Fi; lots of electric plugs; well-decorated hallway with recessed doors for a wider hall; lovely lobby; guest laundry; eggs/bacon/biscuits/gravy/raisin bread/butter

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaGarner222
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Guest wrote review on wrong property.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Really wanted a hotel west of the bay. Had no trouble finding it. We arrived after 11 pm. Front doors are locked. I went to check in. There was a family of 5 in front of me. They already had keys and were trying to get in. A guy on the inside was about 10 feet away from the door. He saw them coming, smiled and waved at them (turned out he was the manager), and went to the breakfast area where he and someone else were watching tv. The family tried all their keys, but the door wouldn't open. They knocked on the windows and the other guy tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to the door. He came up to the doors and asked them if their keys worked. (? duh) Then opened and let us in. Then went back to watching tv while I stood at the desk. Other guy had to poke him in the shoulder again. Rest of check in went ok. Room was just ok. Bed sheets were clean but bed covers were stained and rather gross looking. The sofa bed was disgusting. We just covered it with sheets and tried not to think about it. We did not experience any noise and had a peaceful night. Bathroom was cleaned but caulking and tile were just grungy. Breakfast was a joke. Trashcan, sausages and waffle machine all in one spot had people tripping all over one another. Juices were really watered down. Milk was just a gallon plunked(literally made that noise) on a counter; no insulation or refrigeration. Stale bread and one muffin left...never restocked. I think they had yogurt in a fridge and coffee next to that. The manager from the night and the lady responsible for seeing to the food stood at the desk and complained about the cleaning ladies. Really disappointed with Choice Hotels lately. I'd think they would demand a certain quality level before putting their name to something. I do not want to stay here again but it's hard to find a room for 5. It will not be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This room is the only room I've ever stayed in here. It has a connecting door to the room next door, so when the neighbor goes in and out you'll hear the doors make noise. The staff is very friendly. I couldn't find a Do Not Disturb sign, so Steve hunted down one for me.

As far as housekeeping... they could really use a lesson on getting all the areas of the room. There was a piece of trash left in the wastebasket. The carpets in "non-used" areas needed to be cleaned. It was clean enough, but an extra TLC could go a long way. I did hear them shouting to each other, and that was a bit annoying because I felt it was completely unnecessary. The housekeepers are very nice and more than willing to get you what you need.

Breakfast consists of a variety of choices and generally is fairly good. The WiFi has always worked well and I've never had any problems with any of the guests.

This room is next to the stairs, so you will hear people going up and down them.

The pool looked clean and the washer/dryer both worked well. Beds are still super comfortable.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here on our back home from Florida. We found a coupon for this hotel in a coupon book, called, and got a room. The room we got was very clean and very spacious! It included a refrigerator and a spacious bathroom. I can't really complain or say many negative things about it. The TV cable became loose and the front desk clerk was up in our room very quickly to fix it. The beds were clean and comfortable and we got the rest we needed. The only negative thing I will say is that their waffle mix was bad or waffle maker was not working. When we made our waffles, the mix did not cook well enough and they tasted like rubber and looked like it was a glue mix. We ened up throwing them away. They could have also had more eggs and sausages available. Other than that, it was a great stay. It is located close to the highway and close to fast food restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family