“Comfortable and safe”

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfortable and safe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed here many times and find it clean, safe, and in a great location. It is the best hotel in this block (although that isn't saying much considering the properties surrounding are low budget) and cater to transient workers who stand outside their rooms smoking. Inside rooms are a plus. It has no outdoor pool but they used to let you use the Comfort Inn outdoor pool across the lot ( but again that seems to be low budget). Cracker Barrel within walking distance and a chocolatier next to it. Free internet, great breakfast, clean rooms, and a staff that may not be friendly but they are knowledgeable about the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor, ice machines, and elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Comfort Suites, Mobile Alabama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a part of a business trip. There are so many things that I could grieve about with his property but I'll just point out the main 2.. I've worked in hospitality and hotels so I know the ends and outs of housekeeping. Let's just say that if my room had been one that was inspected, they would definitely lose their CS flag. The room was very dusty and I could tell that the housekeeper did not clean my tub/bathroom each day.. Which makes me wonder if it was cleaned before I got there. Secondly, I left a very important item at the hotel and was given the run around about returning it, even when I agreed to pay for postage via cc over the phone.. Instead, it was has almost 2 weeks and my item still has not been returned. I'd NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff, very friendly and helpful. My booking was made through a 3rd party and didn't get sent to Comfort Suites. Arrived at the hotel at midnight and they sorted us with a room at the pre-booked price. Good breakfast and clean rooms. Would recommend. Close to USS Alabama

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed here three times now and I have no complaints. It is 5 minutes from Springhill College and close to food and wal mart. Staff was always wonderful and rooms were always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 8 June 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 nite on the last stop of a 2 week road trip, check in was smooth hotel was in great shape. Location was easy to get too, many restaurants in area ,shopping also especially for routines items needed or forgotten on the road will stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for comment and review, we are glad to have made your stay at comfort suites enjoyable and comfortable, and we can assure you that you will have similar pleasant experience in your future stay as well. we will be looking forward to seeing you soon in the future.
Comfort Suites
80 Springdale Blvd
Mobile, al 36606
Sugar Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stopped here for one night on our way to the gulf coast. Price was good, check in was quick, front desk provided good information on how to get to downtown Mobile and places to eat. Room was comfortable, adequately clean, good size, wi-fi reception good. Morning breakfast was typical (sausage, eggs, cereal, pastries, etc.) but more than adequate. Would stop again on the way further down the gulf.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chyerni
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 13 April 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stopped in this hotel for a second time in a year. It is now called the Jameson Inn. At check in we were given the room next to the lobby. We found the room in Room Saver, and got a great rate. We were pleased to find a room equipped with a king bed, fold out couch, desk chair, microwave, frig, granite on the bathroom floor and counter. The breakfast consisted of eggs, waffles, fruit, sausage, cereals, etc. The hotel was off of I-65 so it was conveniently located. It was centrally located for trips to Bellingraph Gardens, the USS Alabama, the historic homes of Mobile, and the Mobile Art Gallery not to mention the children's interactive exhibit and IMAX theater downtown. We appreciated the service which was excellent. Almost every request was met above what we asked. A couple of things to know, they do not offer extended check out past 11. Also, the room could have been a bit tidier. Small things compared to a positive overall experience.

Room Tip: Request their best room at check in
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business