“Much better than surrounding competition”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My daughter and I took my wife on a shopping trip to mobile and decided to stay the night. We chose this property because the other hotels in this same area are all crap! Check in was smooth and friendly. The room was a bit stuffy like it had been shut up for a while. We ran the AC a while and eventually the stuffy smell went away. There were tell-tale signs that deep cleaning had not been done in a while, but nothing to throw a fit about. We had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was really pretty good but the eating area was small and crowded. Check out was, again, smooth and friendly. Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed here many times and find it clean, safe, and in a great location. It is the best hotel in this block (although that isn't saying much considering the properties surrounding are low budget) and cater to transient workers who stand outside their rooms smoking. Inside rooms are a plus. It has no outdoor pool but they used to let you use the Comfort Inn outdoor pool across the lot ( but again that seems to be low budget). Cracker Barrel within walking distance and a chocolatier next to it. Free internet, great breakfast, clean rooms, and a staff that may not be friendly but they are knowledgeable about the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor, ice machines, and elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a part of a business trip. There are so many things that I could grieve about with his property but I'll just point out the main 2.. I've worked in hospitality and hotels so I know the ends and outs of housekeeping. Let's just say that if my room had been one that was inspected, they would definitely lose their CS flag. The room was very dusty and I could tell that the housekeeper did not clean my tub/bathroom each day.. Which makes me wonder if it was cleaned before I got there. Secondly, I left a very important item at the hotel and was given the run around about returning it, even when I agreed to pay for postage via cc over the phone.. Instead, it was has almost 2 weeks and my item still has not been returned. I'd NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff, very friendly and helpful. My booking was made through a 3rd party and didn't get sent to Comfort Suites. Arrived at the hotel at midnight and they sorted us with a room at the pre-booked price. Good breakfast and clean rooms. Would recommend. Close to USS Alabama

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed here three times now and I have no complaints. It is 5 minutes from Springhill College and close to food and wal mart. Staff was always wonderful and rooms were always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed 1 nite on the last stop of a 2 week road trip, check in was smooth hotel was in great shape. Location was easy to get too, many restaurants in area ,shopping also especially for routines items needed or forgotten on the road will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for comment and review, we are glad to have made your stay at comfort suites enjoyable and comfortable, and we can assure you that you will have similar pleasant experience in your future stay as well. we will be looking forward to seeing you soon in the future.
Comfort Suites
80 Springdale Blvd
Mobile, al 36606

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stopped here for one night on our way to the gulf coast. Price was good, check in was quick, front desk provided good information on how to get to downtown Mobile and places to eat. Room was comfortable, adequately clean, good size, wi-fi reception good. Morning breakfast was typical (sausage, eggs, cereal, pastries, etc.) but more than adequate. Would stop again on the way further down the gulf.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chyerni
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014