“Quality Property”

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Orlando, Florida
“Quality Property”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The building and rooms are modern. Overall, it was a quality property. Only problem was the Internet -- it was awfully slow and had connection problems. Router was reset a couple times, but the problem persisted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Comfort Suites, Mobile Alabama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Camden, Arkansas
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The check in process was super easy. The a/c in our room was already on which was shocking and very pleasant!! We normally check in to find the room hot. Nice place really. The breakfast food was just ok the breakfast area was WAY overcrowded.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We have points with choice hotels due to my husband traveling. Needless to say, he/we stay in a lot of comfort suites! This by far was the best one yet! We will be back! The staff was very responsive to our needs, friendly, And the lobby was so nice! Thank you and we will be back! :)

Stayed August 2014
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 10 August 2014

Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My daughter and I took my wife on a shopping trip to mobile and decided to stay the night. We chose this property because the other hotels in this same area are all crap! Check in was smooth and friendly. The room was a bit stuffy like it had been shut up for a while. We ran the AC a while and eventually the stuffy smell went away. There were tell-tale signs that deep cleaning had not been done in a while, but nothing to throw a fit about. We had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was really pretty good but the eating area was small and crowded. Check out was, again, smooth and friendly. Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've stayed here many times and find it clean, safe, and in a great location. It is the best hotel in this block (although that isn't saying much considering the properties surrounding are low budget) and cater to transient workers who stand outside their rooms smoking. Inside rooms are a plus. It has no outdoor pool but they used to let you use the Comfort Inn outdoor pool across the lot ( but again that seems to be low budget). Cracker Barrel within walking distance and a chocolatier next to it. Free internet, great breakfast, clean rooms, and a staff that may not be friendly but they are knowledgeable about the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor, ice machines, and elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a part of a business trip. There are so many things that I could grieve about with his property but I'll just point out the main 2.. I've worked in hospitality and hotels so I know the ends and outs of housekeeping. Let's just say that if my room had been one that was inspected, they would definitely lose their CS flag. The room was very dusty and I could tell that the housekeeper did not clean my tub/bathroom each day.. Which makes me wonder if it was cleaned before I got there. Secondly, I left a very important item at the hotel and was given the run around about returning it, even when I agreed to pay for postage via cc over the phone.. Instead, it was has almost 2 weeks and my item still has not been returned. I'd NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Cheshire
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and staff, very friendly and helpful. My booking was made through a 3rd party and didn't get sent to Comfort Suites. Arrived at the hotel at midnight and they sorted us with a room at the pre-booked price. Good breakfast and clean rooms. Would recommend. Close to USS Alabama

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, 26 June 2014