“Great lunch spot”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Callaghan's is a cool neighborhood bar/restaurant that serves an awesome burger. The atmosphere is fun and the crowd is always friendly. It's nice to sit out on the front porch when the weather's nice. Really can't complain about anything

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Visited callaghans sat nite. Party of 7. This place is a dive. Stinks, torn gross decor abd blinds. Burgers ordered and arrived. Midway tgru meal a huge roach is spotted crawling on wall and blind on wall our booth is backed up to. Server called over- she gets a male server to handle roach situation. He unsuccessfully tried to kill roach. We then discovered tgere were 2 huge roaches. They crawled on table , yes table and wall next to us. He muttered" this isn't in my job description". Yea buddy, roaches weren't on menu either.
Our server reappeared to ask if we were done. I said we have lost of appetites. We informed her roach crawled on table next to us and server did not clean table. Her response" thanks and sorry about tgat". Never got a offer to move us, an offer for disvount since we didn't finish food due to being grossed out!!!

1  Thank gulfcoaster
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful burgers & tomatoe/cucumber salad. Well worth the drive off interstate. Good service & friendly wait-staff.

1  Thank njtw
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently went to Callaghan's for a brunch with my 92 yr. young Mum and Australian wife, named Katrina in tow and all three of us had a sensational time, but all for different reasons. First let's talk about the similarities: we all loved the food & drinks, the ambiance, the age, and just the general feel of the place. Now for the differences: my mum liked it for all the memories it brought back of the good times she had here with my father before he passed, I liked the mega burger I somehow consumed (and the way it was barely cooked---truly med. rare) and the prices, my wife liked the fact that no one threatened to hang her from the roof-beams because of her name. We all had a great experience and would strongly recommend that you go and have a wonderful & memorable experience of your own.

3  Thank kevinlortie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some hometown guys were playing there the Saturday night we were in town, so we decided to go. The mega-bonus was the tasty food! We can personally recommend the burger and the reuben. Also, the cucumber tomato salad and the slaw. Bar service was just a tad slow, but I think that was really due to the volume of patrons they were trying to serve.

As a venue, this is a different kind of place. It is situated in a neighborhood, so music starts 8:00-ish and ends at 10:00, always. That makes it easy to go there to hear whomever is popping in that night.

Though we did not have kids with us, it seemed a family-friendly kind of place. I would definitely go again, for both the food and the atmosphere.

1  Thank Kendra S