“Advertised as Sushi and Thai”
Review of Fuji San

Fuji San
Ranked #158 of 691 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Thai menu limited, Japanese tempura and lots of Sushi choices.
Friendly and attentive wait staff.
We love Thai so that is what we ordered. It was very good, but not excellent. They were not busy on an early Saturday evening.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stopped by Fuji San after a long drive to Mobile and it was decent. The food was nice and I especially liked the shrimp fried rice. However, the dishes were a little small and pricey for me and my family of four. The quality and taste was really good, though. I wish I tried the sushi but we just settled for take out fried rice, noodles, and the "dinner-for-two". The employees were very kind and treated us like family. I wish we ate there because the restaurant itself looked very homey. The reason I say to avoid Take Out is because I think the homey experience at the restaurant itself is something to enjoy and also, take out does not come with the side salad and miso soup which is probably why eating here was not enough. Overall, I do recommend this restaurant to others simply because it has a nice homey atmosphere and the employees are very friendly and speak to customers like family. The only tip I have is that you should eat in because it is the atmosphere that makes the food that much better.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

The owner of Fuji San treats everyone like family. The rolls are very good and the service is excellent. Love this midtown restaurant - haven't tried the one downtown.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

In town for a conference on a Monday night. Was craving sushi so I went to Fuji San. Amazingly, I was the only one there. I ordered miso soup, small salad, a couple of spicy tuna and salmon rolls, and a fried banana for dessert. Struck up a great conversation on football with the owner as we watched Monday Night Football (Broncos at Chargers). Great service. Great food. Great conversation. Can't go wrong here. I might go back tomorrow.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

My first time here, but certainly not my last! The food was great, and the prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere is very different from what you think by looking at the outside, seeing as the restaurant is in an old house. There are several unique items on the menu. I suggest the Mardi Gras roll. It's just what Mardi Gras is - a complete sensory experience! I can't wait to visit this place again.