“Great burgers, tasty shakes” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #295 of 660 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great burgers, tasty shakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

Ate at Steak N' Shake for the first time ever this past week, and I was really impressed. I thought it was a fast-food joint, and was suprised to find that it's more of a sit-down diner. I ordered a double cheeseburger, a 5-way chili spaghetti, and a banana shake. All were really good. I wasn't sure about the chili/spaghetti combination, but I ended up really liking it. The burger tasted a lot like a Wendy's burger, almost identical. The shake was yummy, but wasn't made with real fruit... just a flavored powder (you could taste the grit). I found out later that they use vanilla ice cream mixed with various flavored powders. For example, my shake was made with vanilla ice cream, and they put a scoop of banana-flavored powder. Still, it was a good meal and I plan on going back on my next trip to Mobile.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook