“Basic Hilton Garden Inn (which is still nice!)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.

Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Crestview, FL
“Basic Hilton Garden Inn (which is still nice!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Nice hotel, nice room, nice staff. Everything just as I can expect. :) The traffic was a bit much but we were there to see Cirque Du Soliel Quidam so it was a bit thick anyhow. Nice hotel though, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have traveled all over the world and travel weekly for business... I have never been treated as bad as this hotel! After 3 rooms they still could not get it right. Checked me into another guests room as well. WORST customer service in the industry. DO NOT stay here. I am even a Diamond member and NOT picky... Trust me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mmcghee6
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 22 March 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize that you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

This a very nice, well run Hilton property. All the staff are very courteous and helpful.

I will add that the girls that work the Bistro in the evening are a blast, and make the stay very enjoyable.

The only issue is the location is on a service road, and during morning rush hour, it's pretty tricky getting out on to the main road. Give yourself a few extra minutes when leaving at rush hour.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times. It's a typical Garden Inn which is why I stay here...no surprises. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean, hallways quiet. The have complementary copies of both USA Today and Wall Street Journal at the front desk at check out...nice touch.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

During our family tragedy, the entire staff in Mobile was beyond exceptional! They also helped us with a hospital rate while we were helping my husband's best friend in the ICU. Thank You so MUCH! We needed someone to have our back while we were dealing with the worst possible time of our lives.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 7 February 2013
We are very sorry for your loss and I do hope your friend's recovery is going well. Thank you for your kind words even during this difficult time.

Milton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

My son and I recently stayed here for the weekend while he had a tournament. We were fortunate that the Mardi Gras Parades were going on. The front desk was so helpful, providing us with information, the parade route, and exactly how to get there and she was spot on. It was easy to get in and out of, and the rooms were extremely nice, consistent with the brand.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments. We appreciate your feed back and I hope that you had fun at Mobile's version of Mardi Gras.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I love HGI properties as a whole and prefer them over Courtyards. I stay in a good many of these on the road so I have a good feel for their brand standards. We stayed here for a national level tennis tournament for my two sons. Didn't realize we were on these Sleep Number beds. My oldest son woke up with debilitating back pain and had to pull out of the tournament. We actually took him to Urgent Care because he literally couldn't move. My wife had the same thing happen to her the next day and is now in need of muscle relaxers so she can move. These beds are probably good but without notifying the guests that these can be dialed up or down, back pain is waiting to happen. You wake up and there is a hole where you have been lying. How can that be good for you? Besides that, they had a 19 year old breakfast cook working who had never cooked before. Our eggs and bacon took literally 30 minutes to be brought to us. The front desk staff was so-so..pleasant but not outwardly welcoming. The one bright spot was Candace.....she was the bartender/waitress who was outstanding. Always pleasant and helpful. Rooms were ok except they had 3 pillows per bed (should have 4). Location was good to Mobile Tennis Center. Interiors were outdated and ugly. Pool was not heated and the spa was dirty. Nice workout area and dinner was very good and great to have there at the hotel vs. going out on a busy Friday night. Wouldn't stay here again until they replace these beds!

Room Tip: They are all relatively quiet.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to apologize for the terrible experience you had with our beds and our breakfast service. I am very sorry that no one told you how to control the beds at check in. I am sure that it is frustrating to have to pull out of a tournament that you came here for because you did not get a good nights sleep and on top of this you did not get your breakfast in a timely manner.
I would also like to say thank you for your kind words and appreciation for Candace who did take care of you for dinner.
Thank you for all of your comments, I will use your experience as a training tool with our staff to prevent these things from happening in the future.