“MOBILE WEEKEND”

Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Sheffield, AL, United States
“MOBILE WEEKEND”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed two nights at the I-65 / Airport Rd location in November. Very impressive lobby with huge columns, sofas, and dining area. A touch of Southern charm with lemonade available 24/7 and tasty snacks. Located in great part of Mobile with many nice shops and restaurants nearby, and only 15 minutes to the seafood restaurants on Mobile Bay. Room was very clean and smelled clean. Bathroom was clean and smelled clean. Sleep number beds slept much better on night #2 when we realized that we could adjust them. Plug locations were plentiful and friendly spaced. The only two negatives that we had (and we overcame both) were shower water pressure and the A/C unit and thermostat didn't seem to be on the same page. The positives certainly outweighed the negatives. My wife and I were in town with our 17 year old son for baseball tryout at the University of South Alabama and to visit the school. Location is very convenient to USA - only 8-10 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I am happy to hear that you had a good stay in Mobile. I apologize for not giving you the information on the beds the first night of your arrival, Also I am going to look into the water pressure and the A/C unit in your room so we can get these issues corrected. I hope your son had a great tryout.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to you returning to Mobile.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mobile, AL, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was put in a smoking room and there was not much effort to move me to another room. I suffer from sinus problems and have been sick since my return. At check in, I had to wait about 20-30 minutes for them to finish cleaning my room. As I was going up to the room, the housekeeper was on the elevator headed to my room before I got there to make sure she closed the windows. The coffee make in my room wasn't working. I called the service desk before 8:00 a.m and reported it and they said they would send someone to check it. When I checked out at 11:00, no one had been to the room to check it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the room you expected when you first arrived to our hotel. I assure you that we do everything we can to provide our guests the room they request however; there are times when our guests extend their stay with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. I also would like to take this time to express my regret regarding the length of time it took to clean your room.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at Hilton on several occasions. I can always expect a high quality, clean, comfortable, friendly environment. First class, five star in my opinion. I would definitely stay at this Mobile AL location if I ever went back to that area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to take care of you while you were in Mobile. We look forward to you coming back for another visit.

new orleans
Reviewed 13 November 2013

the hotel is good but the water pressure was low. It was hard brushing your teeth and taking a shower with such low water pressure. The beds were comfortable and pillows were good. The breakfast was good and the I like the french toast and eggs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and that you found our beds to be comfortable. We do everything we can for all our guests to have a comfortable and pleasant stay. However, I do understand that you were not completely satisfied with your recent visit. I’m very sorry that the water pressure was not working properly in your bathroom. I've personally disused your comments with our maintenance staff and we've already taken care of the issues you mentioned; however, I can empathize with your disappointment and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went though.

Please be assured that your comments are extremely important to us. We are always learning from your comments. I do hope that this isolated insistent will not deter you from visiting us again. If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The lobby of this hotel was inviting and new (like other HGIs). The rooms felt dated and tired. The heating controls didn't work well and it took time to figure out that the wall thermostat had nothing to do with the controls at the window unit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 17Dec1903
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate the fact that you like our Lobby refresh. Our Hotel is only 5 years old and we did not think that we needed a room refresh at this time. I will look into the issue that you had with your A/C unit and get this corrected.
We appreciate your comments and your business.

Bartow, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times, one time I have a bad experience with a staff member, very condescending and unconcerned about undesirables hanging around for 2 hours, doing nothing about it and next thing I knew there were 3 cop cars and 6 cops there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 4 November 2013
I appreciate you letting me know about the lack of concern from this staff member. This is not the way we normally conduct ourselves and I apologize for the condescending attitude that you received. The other situation was a very rare occurrence and we have used it to help train the staff to be more prepared if this happens again.
I apologize for you being talked to this way and Thank you for your comments, this does help us to better serve our guest in the future.
bartlett, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had never stayed in this hotel even though I have been in Mobile several times, but i loved my stay. Ate at the restaurant twice, great service, delicious meals. Friendly helpful staff. Will stay again if returning to the area. And would gladly recommend Hilton Gardens Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I am so happy to hear that you decided to give us a chance and we exceeded your expectations. We would love to have you come stay with us when you come back to Mobile.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.