“Excellent salads and good local seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Royal Scam
Ranked #7 of 661 Restaurants in Mobile
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Daphne, Alabama
“Excellent salads and good local seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Went with a group for a working lunch and enjoyed a very large and delicious Asian noodle salad with slices of tuna. Everyone else seemed happy with their lunch. They even had triple tail for the fish of the day! So wonderful to have our local fish on the menu!

The service was friendly and helpful. Will certainly eat here again.

1 Thank Bill W

Woodstock, Georgia
“Dinner at the bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my Gin and tonic at this restaurant/bar. I enjoyed the Filet ($29.99) and my garlic mash and asparagus. The Salad ($8.99) probably could have been a bit more hearty - but it was ok. The beer at this spot was also quite good out of the tap - I had a Fat Tire. The bar keeper was friendly but did not hold a conversation with me at all so that cut into her tip.

Visited July 2014
Demopolis, Alabama
“Late Nite Bleu Cheese Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped by for a late nite dinner. Tried the bleu cheese burgers and a bottle of wine with friends. Lucky enough to get the window seat. Waitress was great and the food hit the spot. Nice atmospere for enjoying friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pearland, TX
“Nice restaurant with good choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very nice restaurant recommended by the hotel. We had the shrimp appetizer and red peeper with shrimp and andouille sausage soup for starters and both were very good. My Wife had the steak sandwich and I ordered the duck panini. Both were pretty good, but my panini was slightly over toasted, but otherwise was pretty good.

I would definitely good here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Nice locations to downtown hotels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our dining group was in town for a large convention. We were staying downtown in a very nearby location. For this reason, it was very nice to be able to walk to our dinner. I called several days in advance for a reservation which was a wise choice. We arrived to find our table the only table in the restaurant that wasn't occupied. The place was packed and this proved to be an issue as the night wore on. We ordered our drinks and one bowl of gumbo for a member of our party was ordered for an appetizer. The cup of gumbo never arrived, but we were charged on our bill (but was removed). We ordered a variety of dishes for our party of 6. The portions were large and very yummy. The porkchops were HUGE and cooked perfectly. I had the black and blue burger that was very yummy. The fries were just your basic fries - nothing special. The asian slaw was mainly purple cabbage and lacked flavor. Our water and tea glasses went empty several times and we had to ask for refills. However, the alcoholic beverages were always refilled very quickly. The peanut butter cheesecake was very yummy, Multiple servers waited on us and so there wasn't great consistency in our service.

Overall great location if you are staying in the downtown hotels (Renaissance or Hampton Inn) and the food was flavorful. However, it is VERY noisy. Many websites lead you to believe it is a nicer dinning setting, but it really is a bar environment. The service left much to be desired. Would I go again, maybe if I wasn't so tired from a day full of meetings and attending conferences and didn't care about the food taking a while to get to me and I didn't care about the attention to details.

• 2 of 5 bubbles