“Hank Williams Gravesite”

Ranked #16 of 67 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: Grave sites of Hank Williams, Sr., and his wife in the Oakwood Cemetery Annex.
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hank Williams Gravesite”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I liked the viewing of the grave site and memorials. The stories about Hank Williams were interesting and I would like to attend the memorial held on his birthday.

Visited July 2013

Deltona, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“classic”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

we went threw drove up next to it and how classy very relaxing and nice words displayed a must do his mom and wife are next to him

Visited June 2013
2 Thank JayRina2009
Westchester County, New York
521 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 561 helpful votes
“For country music, only Hank rang my bell”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

A friend easily talked me into a tour of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana, three states I always wanted to visit as a fan of what I think of as American Storyteller Country. His hook was I had to visit big sites associated with the legacy of Hank Williams. Again, this wasn't a problem because he was aware that of all the country singers I'd been exposed to in my life as a musician, only Hank Williams consistently opened my years to this form of tuneful expression.

I was legitimately and surprisingly touched by our Oakwood Annex experience, one associated with a singularly gifted voice silenced before thirty years. At first I had to politely endure hearing his recordings when sipping brews in my friend's living room. Soon enough, I didn't mind so much. Eventually I got it, could enjoy that countrified creativity with consistency so long as it came from Hank Williams' mind.

Now that friend has passed as well. A cemetery is a great place to reflect upon the impact of famous people and lost friends who first took us there,

Visited January 2013
2 Thank preglad
Panama City, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must see for a Hank Williams fan.”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have been going here for years. The Williams estate keeps this site very presentable. Please be respectfull.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank pclandman
Beth P, Manager at Hank Williams Memorial - Oakwood Annex Cemetery, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Actually the Hank Williams Museum in Montgomery along with our "Gravetender" Terry keeps the Hank Williams' gravesite looking good! We go by daily and pick up, clean up and place flower arrangements to keep it beautiful.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Peaceful !”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Decided to go ahead and drive the short distance from town out to the Cemetery Annex. Hank's actual grave was moved to a location on top of the hill. It is not only a very pretty burial place, but the entire cemetery is also very pretty and peaceful. This only takes about 30 minutes or so from downtown, but it is worth the drive.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank IverJohnson
It actually takes only a few minutes from the downtown area (only 1 mile) which is where the Hank Williams Museum is located.