“Great city overview”

Montgomery Visitors Center
Ranked #19 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers information on things to do in Montgomery.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

For the low price of $3.00, you get a fun, personality filled trolley ride tour that gives a nice overview of the downtown area as well as a fun history lesson. Our group included small children to great-grandparents and everyone enjoyed it.

5  Thank 2vanams

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I take all out of town visitors on the trolley ride. It's a great value for seeing downtown attractions and *used* to be a good, entertaining lesson on downtown Montgomery history. I say it used to because the past six or so tours I have taken were driven by Ray. He brings life to the tour and seems to know everyone along the route, waving at passerbys, and apparently, sought out new interesting tidbits of info to introduce to the tour (he always mentioned something new on each tour I've taken).

Fast forward to today. I bring my parents. No Ray. I ask the ladies who work at the front where Ray is. They tell me he no longer does the trolley tour. WHAT?! I give the new driver a chance but she's nothing like Ray. No personality, just driving by buildings, mentioning restaurants. No history lesson. What used to be a solid 45 minute info packed tour has dwindled down to 30 minutes where you don't have more than a few seconds to look at the buildings she's talking about.

Don't get me wrong, for $3 ($2 for seniors) it's something to do. It's just not a 'definitely do' thing in Montgomery anymore. Sad.

3  Thank Bdga2006
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Highly recommend the trolley tour of downtown Montgomery. Very nice job of packaging all of the sites and making it all accessible. Our trolley driver and guide, Ray-Ray, was extraordinary. He was very knowledgeable and approachable. Well worth the time and nominal fee.

2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The Visitors Center was the first place we stopped in Montgomery. The staff who helped us was very friendly,helpful, and most importantly, actually knew Montgomery in detail. She gave us maps, marked them up, helped with her ideas on restaurants, told us what attractions were open on Saturday and Sunday, and just really made us feel welcome. And then what she told us turned out to be very true. Great place to start !

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We have been living in Montgomery for the past 2 years but didn't know that you can get a Trolley Tour of the downtown. I had a friend visiting from Texas so we decided it will be a prefect time to take the tour. Cost was $3 per person. We had our 15 month old son and were able to put the stroller in front of the trolley. I was pleasantly surprised with the tour. Even though I did not really like our guide (she was not very informative) but loved the history and the beauty of the downtown. I saw landmarks in the city which I did not know existed after living here for 2 years. The tour is every hour on the hour and takes about 45 minutes. Will definitely recommend to any one visiting Montgomery.

2  Thank JujuFam