“A must-go for anyone who loves Thai and Montgomery!”

Lek's Railroad Thai
Ranked #14 of 481 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Many many visits through the years. Never had anything other than a great experience. Food and service always excellent. Delicious for lunch; prompt service. Sushi selection excellent...takes a little longer of course. Lovely at dinnertime with candles. Just a great standard for Thai in Montgomery.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Took my son there to celebrate his birthday and so glad I did! Everything was delicious. We started with the Spring Rolls And Thai Toast . i loved the spring rolls but not crazy for the toast. He had sushi- both the Auburn and the Roll Tide. Loved them both but leaned towards the RTR more. I had the Musman Curry Chicken and it was one of the best Thai dishes I've ever had . We topped it off by splitting the Mango and sticky rice- yum. Can't wait to visit him again and go back to Lek's.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The outside, and a few of the inside, photos that come up on this review page are not for the Lek's Railroad Thai location that is within Union Station, the old train station in Montgomery, FYI. I think there are a few affiliated locations of this particular restaurant, but the Lek's Railroad Thai location is definitely inside of the old train station and not in a stand-alone type of building as some of these pictures show.

Anyway, speaking of location first, I love that it is in the old train station. It's convenient, especially if you are visiting Montgomery and staying at one of the hotels in walking distance. Inside the restaurant, where I first ate on my first visit here in December 2009, there is a fair amount of seating. The inside of the restaurant is nicely decorated and it is comfortable.

The most recent time I visited this location was 7/3/2013. We were given the option to eat "outside" in the covered deck space otu back. We liked this option. It is bright, nicely decorated and has interesting wooden furniture. This location is close to a small parking area behind the train station. A train went by at least once during dinner which made for a fun experience.

The waiter we had during the July 2013 visit was very nice and provided excellent service. He chit-chatted with us a little about the weather on this cloudly early evening. I told him I hoped that it didn't rain because we were hopefully headed to the Montgomery Biscuits baseball game and post-game fireworks. (This baseball field is pretty much just in the next block from this restaurant.) To my surprise, our waiter said, "Oh, is there a Biscuits game tonight?" - This surprised me. In my opinion, if I worked at Lek's Railroad Thai, I'd make sure I knew whether or not it was a game night or not, considering how close this restaurant is to the ball field. In fact, I think that this restaurant is tucked away a little too much from the general foot traffic (even though it is very closeby and in quick walking distance to the ball field). The restaurant really should take a more pro-active role in advertising itself so it can get some of that baseball foot traffic into the restaurant before the game.

Check, or call for their hours. We had tried to go there around 4:00ish p.m. and they were closed. I believe they reopened at 5 p.m. Don't quote me on that, just going off memory.

We both ordered a sort of pad thai and were happy with it, not doing a cartwheel type of happy, it was good. Have had better, and have had worse. It came out of the kitchen a little quick for my liking, and it tasted just ok and the portion size was just ok.

What impressed me the most about this meal was the dessert. On a whim, I asked if they had a dessert menu. Our waiter told us that they had a mango sweet sticky rice dessert that had coconut milk on it. We're vegan, so this sounded great! And, it was. I would seriously go there to eat just this dessert if it was offered everyday! I've since google'd a recipe for it so I can learn how to make it!

To sum it up, you won't be disappointed eating a meal here. I like this restaurant, and will definitely visit it again whenever I'm in Montgomery. Food is good, as is the ambiance and the service of the waitstaff.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Was in Montgomery for business and had a quick lunch here. The Egg Rolls are incredible. Very thin crispy shell and the inside was very good and fresh! Had the Chicken Musam Curry and it was perfect. My business associate had the Thai Spaghetti hot and loved it. It was great quick service and a convenient location. Been open for many years, so you know it is good.

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I have ate here many times and the food is always delicious. With that being said, do not try to go at lunch with anything less than an hour. It typically takes about 15 to 20 minutes just to get your order in. But the food is good and it's a fun place for either a date night or a large group of friends.