“We enjoyed the stay this place was AWESOME”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery at Chantilly Parkway
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Loxley, Alabama
“We enjoyed the stay this place was AWESOME”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Everything was great, I felt like I was at home. We came to play a tournament and was able to relax and enjoy the hotel as if we were all living together. The Girls had a blast and we were offered ex pool hours due to our long day at the ball park. This Hotel went out of their way to met our every need. I will always remember this hotel and how at home i felt during my stay. I look forward to visiting again. Plenty of dining choices we had a blast. Hope you do to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank allsoftball

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This was exactly what we needed. Only flaw was mediocre
Breakfast
As we find most places for free.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank jazzlover44
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while traveling to Montgomery for business, and I was very pleased with the hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was nice as well. The location was convenient - located just off the interstate. The hotel is also very close to a large commercial area with lots of stores and restaurants. No complaints at all about this hotel. If I travel to Montgomery again, I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank tarebearky
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Yes My stay at your property was a great decision. Out of all the competition in the surrounding area Im glad my family & I chose to stay at Country Inn Suites. Customer Service was excellent at the front desk, Also the Room serv. was polite and accommodating, plus Jennifer made sure that my stay went well. Im glad to say that I can recommend your hotel to any of my friends and family.

Best wishes & God bless.
MichaelGrant

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Room was spacious and clean - all amenities were in great working condition. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The condition of the property was excellent. Breakfast was fresh and delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel on May 27, 2011. The bedroom was very clean and everything that was promised was available. In addition the bedroom was of a very generous size and the bed very comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I will certainly return to this hotel and I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Book a room as early as possible.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I have a very different opinion of the Country Inn and Suites located on Chantilly Parkway in Montgomery, AL than the other reviewers. My experience at this hotel was one of the most transactional and impersonal that I have had at any Carlson brand hotel. As a concierge level Club Carlson member, I am very well versed on the level of service to be expected at a Country Inn and Suites hotel. I have stayed well over 100 nights in Country Inn and Suites in the past 18 months, but this was my first experience at particular hotel.

I checked in after a long drive. The front desk clerk was straight to the point, no chit-chat, no warmth, no welcome. I checked in and left to meet business assoicates for dinner. When I returned I asked the same clerk for bottle of water. That was it. A bottle of water. Nothing more. To which she curtly told me that water was sold in the machines. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I sorta of knew that. In the other Country Inn and Suites I visit, complentary bottle water is available on request. Rather than question her, I thank her and started towards the elevator when I heard someone shout, "the machine on the 1st floor is broke!"

I'm not a supersensitive person, so I figured they do things different at this hotel.

The following morning I went down to the breakfast area and in doing so passed the front desk. This time a gentleman was working and contrary to the chipper "Good Morning!" I hear at other Country Inn and Suites, he was too engrossed in the morning paper to even look up. I passed him again while loading up and he never thanked me for my stay or wished me a good day. In fact, the was still focused on the morning news.

In summary, the hotel is new, nice, and clean. The location is good (near Eastchase Mall). However, I will never stay there again. There are other nicer hotels in the same area that know the value of customer service.

The owners, managers, and staff of this hotel should understand that they are not in the hotel business. They are in the Customer Service business.

Well...that's my one and only review of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business