“Most elegant restaurant in Montgomery!”
Review of Michaels Table - CLOSED

Michaels Table
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NEW KITCHEN HOURS - NOW OPEN 7 DAYS!: Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Monday through Friday Dinner: 6:00pm - until everyone is fed, Monday through Saturday Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm Menu is on their website.
“Most elegant restaurant in Montgomery!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Okay...I will warn you about this amazing place, that if your not willing to pay a price don't waste your time. I just happen to be someone that pays whatever for a great meal and a bottle of wine.
The atmosphere, once you walk in makes you feel right at home..plus!
The staff is very helpful with the menu, cause there is a lot of cheese and meats, that I've never heard of. But go ahead and try, they're amazing.
Food is prepared accordingly, nothing seemed processed. So if your looking for fast food, don't bother. Take the time to relax, drink you some wine and enjoy the amazing appetizer they have known as a "Nosh".
In all...great place, great people, good times shared at this place.

2 Thank stclair0932

Austin,TX
“Poor showing”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Went for dinner last night. Right next to Zoe's Kitchen in the shopping plaza.

Made reservations and they called a few minutes after our scheduled arrival to see if we were on our way. Found the place, Waitress gathered up menus and took us to our table, she was great, a pretty blonde lady who was pretty opinionated about the menu (not a bad thing). Got a glass of wine, my son ordered a Roy Rogers. The wine she recommended was good. The hostess/bartender/manager(?) came to the table a few minutes later and wanted to know what a Roy Rogers was... hmm. The bread they brought was very good and a nice start.

We ordered the Nosh plate. The chevre and manchego were fine. we'd ordered fried olives, but they were just regular brined ones. The smoked salmon and soprasetta were good, the pate' was fine. They serve it with warm pita bread, which is an odd choice for a plate like this.

5-10 minutes later, we're less than half way through our appetizer when our mains show up, the waiter takes away our small plates and puts our mains downs. No idea why, but I've never felt more like I was being rushed out of the restaurant.

My son had ordered the filet, it was OK. The egg, potato pancakes, grits and bacon were just too much with it. But what was a sin was the greens. They were crunchy. The waitress saw the look on our faces, I said they were underdone and had him scrape them onto a plate she said they'd wilt them. They came back a few minutes alter, of course they were still crunchy.

My softshell crab was way overbattered. The dirty rice with sausage was not good. Gritty, lumpy, and the sausage tasted sour. Sat like a lump in my stomach for the rest of the night.

They did comp a healthy part of the check and the waitress was great, but this wasn't the experience we were looking for.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank hnewburn
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It didn't quite live up to expectations . The soft shell crab was sort of bland. Our server was ok but seemed like he needed more training. It was a hot and stuffy inside. It wasn't a bad experience , just not as good as expected. Deserves another try.

Mobile,AL
“Outstanding Off the Beaten Path Choice”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My wife and I joined our adult daughter for dinner at Michael's Table this past Tuesday night. We could not have been more pleased with this choice despite the location on Zelda Road off I-85 that is easy to find by car.
My daughter and I both have significant different food allergies but neither of us had any difficulty ordering because of the knowledge that our server had of the exact food preparation. All three of us ordered off the daily menu specials and we all thought that our entrees were delicious and well prepared. My daughter had the organic baby spinach salad and I had the Salad Espanol and both were delicious.
The service and attention to detail was impeccable.
We ate inside in what we thought was a welcoming and intimate atmosphere. There is also outdoor seating but I think that getting a reservation that is easy and seamless on their web site is prudent.
We all thought Michael's Table is a great upscale dining option in Montgomery that would hold its own in a much larger metro area.

• Visited October 2012
Vermont
“Delicious, innovative, fresh menu and drinks”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I loved this restaurant and wish I lived hear to eat here again. The innovative menu had many delicious options and very unique cocktails. I had the mediterranean plate and a cocktail with jalepenos in it. I took my time dining outside and they were very accommodating (they also weren't busy). I would love to go back!

• Visited August 2012