“Beautiful new hotel, service was excellent!”

Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Beautiful new hotel, service was excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

On my way to the beach, I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Montgomery Airport South. I'm a frequent traveler and stay at many hotels, but this Holiday Inn really left an impression, because at the affordable rate that I got, it surpassed my expectations for hotels in its class. For example, the surrounding landscaping was beautiful and gave the hotel more of a "resort" feeling. The lobby was equally elegant, well-lit, and tastefully decorated with original oil paintings and exquisite chandeliers. They even had complimentary lemonade and fresh baked cookies. The staff was consistently friendly, courteous, and helpful throughout my stay.. My room was very comfortable and quiet, and the mattress/bed felt luxurious to sleep on...I think I had the best sleep ever away from home! I also loved the food in the downstairs restaurant (Magnolia)...it was delicious, and they even offered healthier options upon request. And after a long drive (and with the back problems that I have) it's great to be able to relax in an indoor heated pool. Overall a very positive hotel experience -- I definitely will be coming back here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gloria3484

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean but I will never stay here again. The internet did not work. There was a problem with the access password. I was told it would be fixed on my second day but 3 days later it still did not work. I am a Platinum Priority member which means nothing to this hotel; no free breakfast, no free drink, no discounts, no free snacks, not even a bottle of water. The food in the restaurant is good but the service is slow and in the mornings the tables were still dirty from the night before. I put my breakfast order on the door the night before and it never picked up, so no breakfast. The staff is always greeting everyone with hello which is great but there needs to be more of a focus on customer service. The owner needs to hire a new manager.
Eric from Kennesaw, GA

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric M
Kathy T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Holiday Inn guest,

I was disappointed to read your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and lack of customer service you received.Our priority club members are the bread and butter of our business and we missed the mark with you. Since reading your comments, changes have been made to correct the perception of our members and staff training has taken place. I would like to personally award some points to you or in some other way compensate you for the issues. Please send me an email with your pc number and I will take care of you.mgmhsdos@gmail.com.

Holiday Inn Montgomery
Nebo, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

A new hotel with good rates, good food & very pleasant staff. At check-in the clerk explained that all king rooms come with a shower only; nice to know since I usually prefer a bath. The room was large with a good size bathroom. The bed was perfect after a long days drive. Breakfast was very good (excellent grits!) and reasonably priced. Wireless internet was flawless. We were very pleased & would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlotte M
Kathy T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Holiday Inn guest,

Thank you so much for your trip advisor comments about our Montgomery hotel during your recent trip. We are happy that you chose us as your lodging destination. All of our associates are thoroughly trained in explaining all of the hotel's unique features and benefits and take pride in being the best they can be. Please come back and visit us again if you are ever in the Montgomery area!

Hospitably,
Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South
Foley, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Excellent new Holiday Inn South. Bar & restaurant are very good with a very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel staff was fantastic. Highly recommend a stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CSU-Road-Warrior
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is a great hotel, you can tell that it is new, very clean, the only bad thing that I can say about this hotel involved the employee that check me in, he was in the bar area getting a drink and seemed out of it, had to tell him my name twice and he still picked the wrong one, then had to run my cc twice.

No free breakfast, but the food was great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank firebear1961
Kathy T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for submitting a review about your stay with us on trip advisor. The managemment staff at our hotel share all comments with our staff on a regular basis to continually improve our service. Our goal is to be the number one choice in Montgomery for our loyal travelers. If you are ever again in Montgomery, we hope you will return to our hotel!

Hospitably,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

All the hotels in Montgomery were booked up for some reason, but we found this gem! It looked brand new and was a very nice place to stay. I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Brewdog71
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We needed to stay in Montgomery during a trip to Florida, and selected this hotel, based on the reviews we'd seen at TripAdvisor. It was an excellent choice. We enjoyed everything about the hotel. The room was absolutely spotless and the bed excellent. Everything you want in a hotel in the middle of a long drive! Plus, our room-service breakfast was the best we had had the whole trip!

Curtis, who was the duty manager when we arrived at 10PM was welcoming, informative and cheerful and we were surprised to see him still on duty when we left at 10 am the next day. He was simply an excellent host and what impressed us most...he didn't think he was too good to help the gardener with his work.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family