Best Western Montgomery I-85 North
US$59
US$56
Red Roof
US$132
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2007

Spent one Friday night.
The room had been recently renovated and was very nice. It had a large flat screen television. Nice lighting and decorations. Clean.
The public areas (Lobby, Breakfast Area, Elevator, and Corridor) had not been renovated. Their renovation is currently underway.
Before renovation, the public areas are horrible.
Unrelated to the physical condition of the building, no one was keeping the breakfast area clean.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrugalTravelor
Reviewed 26 March 2007

Stayed here on our way back from Florida. The good part of the hotel was the price at $59, but we got what we paid for. The positives are that it's in a safe area surrounded by many restaurants and business. It's also very convenient to the interstate. Now for the bad news -- it's badly in need of remodeling (which it says it will do the summer of 2007 fortunately). The carpets were stained, they had stickers on the room doors covering the names of the former name of the hotel chain, two of our towels were stained. To make it worse, the room was not clean at all, including finding several items left by other guests under the edge of the bed. They had no shampoo and after going to the front desk for some were told they had run out. The breakfast was crowded and had a below average selection. Front desk staff not terribly friendly. The worst of it was the partying going on in the room next door. With the paper-thin walls, I could hear it all from midnight until 3:00 am. I called the front desk for help in getting them to quiet down and nothing was done. The only way to get relief was to turn on the jet engine loud fan in the bathroom to help drown out the other noise. I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank Roadtrip5
Reviewed 26 January 2007

For an affordable place to sleep and take a shower, this is a great place. I wouldn't stay here if you are planning to spend a lot of time in your hotel room, but it was very adequate for my needs. The bed was comfortable. They have continental breakfast included, so you can grab a quick bite.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PharmGirl in AL
Reviewed 10 July 2006

I have to agree with the confusing location of this hotel. I went in to the hotel with the La Quinta sign, the man behind the counter told me that is was not the right one and it was down the street. So, I got in my car a drove about 5 miles and realized I must have missed it. I stopped at anothe hotel and they pointed me in the direction, which wa right next door to the first La Quinta I stopped in!!! Come to find out there are two La Quintas side by side.

The hotel was okay, in general clean. The pool is outside, behind the hotel across the parking lot. My kids enjoyed the pool.

The room was okay, the beds are not the most comfortable.

There are several places to eat close by.

The staff are not the most friendly, but I think they may be overworked since the girl that checked us in at 4pm was there to check us out at 11am the next morning.

The breakfast was okay, but crowded in the small breakfast room.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank crystalswa
Reviewed 23 April 2006

This Baymont Inn is now a La Quinta as part of the latter's sale of the Baymont brand (in early 2006). Most Baymont Inns remain, but some have been converted to La Quinta. So now you've gotta figure out which La Quinta you're staying at when you arrive in the area. The original La Quinta is right next door -- both with the same name! Check the address on your reservation. This is the La Quinta with interior corridors; and if you're familiar with the design of Baymont Inns, that'll be your best clue. I stayed just three weeks or so after the conversion, and I was amazed to see no signs of the Baymont brand remaining. That speaks volumes to this hotel's attention to detail, and the stay was excellent.

Free high speed internet access worked well, and breakfast was decent with waffles. Some yogurt and a better selection of fruit would've helped it, though. The king bed was fantastic, and I slept better than I have in weeks. The shower was very good, and everything in the room worked!

As a member of their frequent traveler program, the hotel got me checked in within 30 seconds. Everything was ready before my arrival. There was bottled water in the room, along with a special welcome note from housekeeping for "Returns" members. It had a 12-point checklist of things they'd inspected before my arrival -- everything from a working remote control to a fresh smell in the room.

Finally, this is a MAJOR shopping and amenities area. Carrabba's is a block away (try a Marsala dish), Starbuck's is about half a mile south, and most any kind of food you'd imagine is close. The Alabama Shakespeare Festival is just a few blocks away, and their performances are excellent. The Rave movie theatre is a couple of miles further out, but easy to get to.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business