“Stinky Smokers paradise”

Best Western Montgomery I-85 North
Ranked #50 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Yes there's a flat screen tv. An old microwave, and a warm fridge.
The desk and furniture are a beaten up mess. The chair is smelly, torn, and stained. It's gross. The entire hotel stinks of cigarettes. This is old gross and cheaply maintained.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel by far is one of the best I have stayed in. Although it seemed that one of the other guest a loud there child or dog to run back and fourth all night. It took the manager twice to get them to stop. I would totally stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked this room through hotwire.com. There was an immediate problem at check in that took about 30 minutes to resolve but I will say both of the ladies were nice and I was in vacation mode so I let it go. When we walked down the hallway I noticed right away that the carpet was nasty. When we opened the door to the room the stench of dirty carpet and mildew hit us like a brick wall. The carpet in the room was beyond disgusting. The beds and linens appeared clean. The rest of the room was average, air worked fine. The pool is in the back, unkept and in a dark, sketchy area. I did not feel safe using it. The entire area was a little scary. We did not eat the breakfast but it was super busy so maybe it was decent. We have no plans to ever stay in this hotel again but like I said, I was in vacation mode, it was for one night on our way to Florida so that helped tremendously!

1  Thank motherof1in99
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed 3 days to attend a wedding.
Complaints were minor and understandable.
Only thing we noticed was a little mold in the shower, But hey, it's southern Alabama in the Hot, Humid summer.
We had the grandkids while we were there and was not in the least concerned with the cleanliness of the room.
Employees were very nice and extremely helpful.
And the price did not break the budget!
Added bonus, called to let them know we would be checking in late and they had the room cooled when we got there.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I have traveled the world, and have stayed in terrible and amazing hotels. This place was a hole, especially for a LaQuinta. I couldn't believe they put their name on this dump. The carpet everywhere looked like it had never been vaccumed and our room had stains everywhere. Their"business center" was a desktop in the breakfast area that everyone could see what you were doing. So glad we were only passing through, never again....

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This property has potential but I would say that it is being missed. It is in a good location and offers a good price, but when we visited my experience left me disappointed. In my opinion the hotel is a little neglected. The inside of the hotel was dirty. Our rooms were clean but the carpet was cheap and looked it, and the bathtubs were gross due to cheaply addressing a tub needing replacement by gluing down mats, which were coming up and had grossness under them. In my daughter's room, the tub was gross and the shower wouldn't work because the shower pull knob came right out when you tried to use it. She and her friend had to be given access to another room under construction to take their showers.

The continental breakfast was very simple.

The best part of the hotel was the staff as they were very friendly and engaging.

With a little bit of TLC this hotel would be fine, but as it is, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aldigital
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is worth a come back trip. I have already added it to my favorite hotel list. It was clean, comfortable and served it's purpose for our one night stay. Would not mind coming back to this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family