“No words can explain”

Candlewood Suites Montgomery
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
“No words can explain”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I checked into this hotel Friday July 12. I have never stayed at a Candlewood before so really didn't know what to think. When arriving at the desk to check in I was greeted by 2 people Kynthia was one person and she was training a young gentleman. They made me welcomed by their warm smiles and laughter. These two were working hard while other guest were giving them trouble for no reason but they continued on to smile and take care of everything. I will have to say this is my hotel now everytime I come to Montgomery al. Thanks for everything you guys. You guys did a great job.

• Stayed July 2013
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Candlewood Suites Montgomery, Al! I’m happy to hear we were able to host your overnight stay while in the area. We’ll be sure to pass on your kind words to Kynthia regarding her customer service. Again, we appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again while traveling to the Montgomery area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My family and I got a room here and we opened the door to our room only to find that it was already occupied. We went back to the front desk and they appologised and gave us another room. About an hour later my wife and son had went to the gym, while they were gone I hear a card key in the door and it opens up and its a total stranger standing in my room. I have never had a hotel mess up rooms like this before, it makes me wonder if anybody was in my. room while we were at dinner. Needless to say I will never stay at this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank breanimal
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. We are bringing a new person to our team and they got confused with the room numbers. This was an honest mistake that does not happen at our property. This will not happen again and would love a second chance when you guys visit the Montgomery area.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery, Alabama and we were pleasantly surprised. We’ve stayed at Candlewood Suites before in other towns when we travel, so I knew what to expect as far as the rooms, amenities, etc. What set this particular Candlewood apart was the availability and friendliness of the staff. We were always greeted with a smile and all of requests were fulfilled promptly. I would definitely recommend the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery whether your trip is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites for your stay here in Montgomery Al. I will make sure I share it with the staff on how they made your stay even better. They work very hard to give out the best customer service in the Montgomery area. Hope to see you again in future stays.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

From the outside this newer build hotel looks like a nicer place than it is. I walk up the entrance with trash literally overflowing from both trash cans. The hallways did not get vacuumed the whole week I stayed. The same fuzz, strings, styrofoam that was left there all week made me wonder how clean my room actually was. The bed and I had a bad first night, I could never get comfortable my whole stay.

On the bright side the open kitchenette was nice if you were going to be there a while and cook. There were DVD players in the room so you could also check out a DVD for free at the front desk from about 120 titles.

Perhaps the biggest kicker for me was in the AM when I realized there was no sort of breakfast whatsoever. I was told I could go across the street and eat at the Holiday Inn Express (owned by the same person) which I never did because it was inconvenient. Bottomline is if you are going to be in Montgomery for an extended stay there are far nicer, kept up hotels within a mile of this property.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
I would like to start out by apologizing for your bad encounter during your stay here at Candlewood Suites. I realize you checked in on Mermorial Day and want to apologize for the trash cans being full. Our extended stay guest were enjoying there day off. I am glad you brought it to my attention and I have had a talk with the staff to make sure trash is emptied through out the day. Our brand does not offer breakfast that is why we allow our guest that has it negotiated in there rate have breakfast at our sister property. I sure hope you can give us another chance to make this up to you.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stay at the Candlewood Suites every time I am in Montgomery. It's always a pleasure to stay from the check-in to speedy check-out. If at any time I have an issue all you have to do is contact the front desk ad it is taken care of (which is VERY FEW). Katherine Lee (GM) and staff run a great hotel.

Clean, quite, and has everything the business traveler needs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! The staff is pleased to know we were able to provide you the “home away from home” experience. We invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Montgomery, work or fun! Thank you again, and safe travels!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very professional staff!! Room very large with stove, full size fridge, etc.. I thought someone was messing with my A/C but found out that the A/C turns off when you leave the room, and turns back on when you walk back in. I would have given 5 stars but held back for the trash that pilled up just outside the front door. (and grille area) (and every trash can) Not sure what was up with this? Ask front desk about the cleaning and she said it was only done on Weds. (Dang...we were there Thurs - Tues...) WH and Crackle B was the only food within walking distance (Hotel offers no food). WalMart and Eastchase shops very close!! Will love to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Not much of a view either way. Front looks at I-85, and the back looks at Sports Academy
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience of our guests. It is a very rewarding event when our guests take the time to let us know that we are keeping them interested in our property. The greatest compliment we can have is for our guest to continue to return. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Ellenwood, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is our 2nd time staying here. My husband travels a lot I have to say by far this is the best place. I would like to thank Debra Jackson for all of her help. We had no idea where to eat or what to do for activities. When we came down stairs, she had a list of places to eat and activities with directions and a map of Montgomery. She asked if we were satisfied with the room and if we needed anything else. She is truly an gem to Candlewood Suites.
The Bathroom was spacious and had everything we needed. The room had lots of space and the full kitchen.
The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. This hotel has the best staff. This is my place to stay whenever we are in Montgomery.

Oh before I forget while we were checking in, the housekeeper turn our air condition on in our room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for your review. Here at the Candlewood Suites we are very proud of our reputation for providing EXCELLENT guest service and we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of every single person who chooses to stay with us. We are glad we were able to make a good impression on you in such a short time. We hope that you have the opportunity to visit Montgomery again so that you have more time to experience the full range of amenities available at our hotel.