“Great place for business travelers”

Days Inn Montgomery
Days Inn Montgomery
Ranked #46 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Chicago, llinois
“Great place for business travelers”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I stay at this once every 2 weeks. I checked in with a young man who was great. He guided me to all the near restaurants around the area and also told me places that I could get discounts from. I checked in to the room and it was phenomenal. The room was so clean and smelled so fresh. The beds were so comfortable that I was going to ask the hotel if I could purchase one. In the morning they serve breakfast which was complimentary and it was perfect. They had hot biscuits and gravy which filled me up right before I head on the road. Overall my stay at this hotel was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is passing through Montgomery.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New England
Reviewed 13 November 2008

Days Inn Montgomery, on Troy Hwy, is a much newer building than the Days Inn Midtown Montgomery that I also stayed at. So the rooms were newer and a little nicer, but the breakfast was quite not as good. The location is also on the south east side of Montgomery, so it's not as centrally located. You won't be able to walk to any restaurants or stores if you might want to. It's a longer drive on a busier highway to get to restaurants or stores, but there is a Walmart and a Winn Dixie supermarket within a mile. The room was clean, the window can be opened a couple inches for fresh air, and the bathroom is nice with plenty of hot water in the shower. The front desk staff were all helpful and friendly. The motel has interior entrances. I stayed here for 9 nights and paid $54 a night plus tax. Wired internet worked fine. There's no guest laundry in the motel but there is a laundromat 1/4 mile north on the highway.

The breakfast area is just a portion of the lobby, with only seating for 6. There were only two types of cereal (raisin bran and frosted flakes), apple or orange juice, bagels, muffins, danish. If you like calories the best breakfast feature was a jumbo waffle maker. There is no little refrigerator in the breakfast area to keep the pitcher of milk cold; the pitcher had a tube down the middle that was supposed to have ice in it, but sometimes they didn't add ice. I had no trouble with the milk spoiling right after they put it out, but wouldn't trust it to still be good at the end of the breakfast period. I was staying several days so I bought my own milk and kept it in my own in-room fridg. There was also a microwave in my room (every room); both worked well. Locals told me the south side of Montgomery is not such a good area; I had no problems with the area this motel is in.

• Liked — New clean room
  • Disliked — Chlorine smell in water
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2008

If you are traveling south and want to get through Montgomery before you stop for the night, this is a good place to stop. The room was spacious and clean, with microwave and refrigerator. It was also quiet. Breakfast was the usual budget hotel stuff. The only problem was that there seemed to be nowhere around to eat supper. We took the hint from the "key" and called for pizza. Big mistake. It took them over an hour to deliver. The desk clerk later told us that store was way across town. We will probably stay here again next year, but will either eat something before we get there or order from a pizza place that is closer!

• Liked — large, clean room
  • Disliked — no restaurants nearby
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
NW suburbs of Chicago, IL
Reviewed 16 June 2007

This is a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and the hotel was quiet and clean. The room was spacious and clean. We did not use the pool or eat the continental breakfast so I can't review those but overall I would say this is a very nice hotel.

• Liked — the rooms were spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Michellemt44
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 April 2007

We got there just in time for the power to go out. We had an inside room, needless to say we were thinking "Vacancy." The power went out at about midnight and didn't come back til about an hour before we had to get ready to go to my husband's grandmother's funeral. Not once did anyone in the hotel come to check on us--it seemed like very few people were staying there. My husband went to the front desk and the clerk didn't seem concerned. In the morning, I had to go get washcloths and give a room number. Within about 3 minutes a man unlocked the door and walked in our room without so much as knocking! A coincidence, I think not! This room had no security bolt to lock on the inside. When we checked out the clerk said nothing about our inconvenience and we were offered nothing off the bill. A police officer was on site when we left so I asked what had happened to cause the power to go out all night. (Thinking there must have been a car accident since the weather was perfect.) The police officer said there had been no accident and seemed curious herself. Made me wonder if this is a money-saving thing they do often. I contacted Days Inn, and still days later have received no response. We regularly used Days Inn because they are a relatively inexpensive chain and we do a lot of traveling. But this has changed my mind. If I had been alone, I would have been terrified out of my mind. Don't stay here!!!!

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank bethchrist10
AL
Reviewed 2 March 2007

I made a reservation with Days Inn at there home web site. I prefer this as opposed to Expedia or other services where trips are non refundable. Well, much to my surprise, at reservation the room was immediately billed to my credit card. When our plans changed and I tried (over 48 hrs in advance) to move our reservation forward by one day, they were RUDE. I was completely blind-sided. Calling the coporate customer service resulted in an equally rude employee. BUYER BEWARE..Days Inn has lost all ability to give even adequate customer service.

Stayed March 2007
3 Thank gymtravel
Pace, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2006

The Days Inn on Troy Ave was a nice stay. It is very well decorated and clean. The rooms were very nice for a budget hotel. There was a microwave and refridge. The staff was friendly and we experienced no problems. The breakfast area is very small. The only thing that was an inconvenience was the location - it was further from the college than we expected, but otherwise we would stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness.
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kelwig