“Small portions ”

Baumhower's Downtown
Ranked #126 of 498 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Fun! We offer your favorite Southern classics with a twist! From beefy burgers to giant steaks. Baumhower's takes the time to serve everything as fresh as possible with true Southern hospitality! We proudly serve Alabama Gulf Seafood and fresh chicken, steaks, burgers and produce!
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The food was good and so was the service but my husbands grilled chicken salad was very small. Chili was good. My fish which was also good but small portions. The location was convenient for touring the state capitol.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Decent but not amazing. Went at lunch and (granted had a large group) service was pretty slow. Located in an office building which I thought was interesting.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

In town for the week from Texas, and decided to meet an old friend for lunch. She suggested the downtown location of Baumhower's (a local regional favorite).
When we arrived we were greeted with a friendly hostess and quickly shown to our table. Our server was awesome. He promptly and efficiently handled our drink and food orders. Come to find out, we had gone to High school together. The food was very good, (I had wings) and my beverage was a Blackberry ale from a local brewery. This Ale was stunning. If for no other reason, go try this beer.
The general manager was very friendly and came to our table to personally check on us, and thank us for coming in to eat. Overall, this was a great visit to a local favorite. Will definitely come back here again next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Closes at 2 p.m. Very close to the state archives. Was a quick walk to take a break from books and microfilms for nourishment. Grilled chicken salad was very good. I would go back for lunch at this location.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

We'd heard such great things about this restaurant so we were anxious to try it out. It seemed a little strange that it was located in this massive building downtown but that's where it was. The building itself it quite impressive but the food was just average at best. We each tried something different but no one really thought it was very good. My daughter did have the "Hot Lips" chicken which was by far the best things any of us ordered.