“Seafood in Montgomery, AL”

Wintzell's Oyster House
Ranked #8 of 459 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montgomery, Alabama
“Seafood in Montgomery, AL”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wintzell's is a good place to get a meal downtown. It is near the convention center, river walk park and the ball field. We had a nice tasty meal.

Visited October 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Seafood, Service & Sweet Tea”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This place was in my rear view as I explored downtown Montgomery. But something about the location and aroma called me back! The location, decor and menu were EXACTLY what I was looking for in partaking seafood from Alabama! My server, "The" Ray (his name tag built from playing with the DYMO label maker!) was awesome. He provided great recommendations and even if you didn't take them he had insight on whatever dish you chose. The shrimp, scallops and clams were super tasty. Southern and crispy. The crab cake (not so much). And the sweet tea is the perfect beverage for this southern seafood meal! Highly recommended dining experience.

2 Thank Farid C
Panhandle Florida
“Just fabulous... Awesome as always”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I try to eat here on every trip to Montgomery. And I'm never disappointed.

I tried the Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time today and "be still my heart"... So good. With the crayfish filled sauce... Uhhhhh... Just never had as good, not even in Savannah.

The blackened fish with shrimp and chopped fresh tomatoes over rice... just fabulous. I keep seeing reviewers unhappy about fried food... they don't need to order fried. So many wonderful choices without breaking or frying.

And... yes I had dessert. The coconut cream pie is just insanely good. I don't usually drink coffee but did with the pie. It was delicious.

Not enough good things can be said about my servers Melika and Alesha. They were perfect in every way and made my dining choice a very happy one. Thanks ladies for being great.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was the second best restaurant I ate at on my vacation. It was really good! I ate my first oyster there. We had bread pudding for dessert, OMG!!! The waitress was great; however, when we entered the building to be seated I didn't really care for the staff persons' behaviors. They were young and I'm sure still learning.

Visited June 2014
Prattville, Alabama
“Great food from the Gulf”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food and service, the sea food is always fresh. We love the atmosphere and the relaxation. Our 3 year old grandson especially likes the broiled scallops. The oysters are always good raw or otherwise. We are always delighted with our meals here.

• Visited March 2014