“KEEP DRIVING!”

Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Wilmington, North Carolina
“KEEP DRIVING!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We wished we had drove further ( m-6 I-85 Montgomery AL.) We travel a lot and this is the worst hotel we stayed at ever! Dangerous looking people hanging out in one of the rooms as we drove around to the back of the lot to reach our room.( which is ok if you are up for an all night party with hookers and drug dealers) We were awaken several times through out the night and into the morning with people banging on doors and yelling. We woke up very early-as we did NOT FEEL SAFE! ( police were patrolling the parking lot- not a good sign) SO, we left quickly, leaving behind one of my bags. After several phone calls to get someone to mail it, I eventually called customer service at the home office. They contacted the hotel and assured me it would be mailed that day according to hotel staff. It was mailed out 8 DAYS later and it isn't a surprise that my watch that I recently purchased for $200.00 is missing, and they will not replace it because they are not responsible for items left by guests. But, on the bright side we didn't loose ours lives. This is the most worrisome/nastiest/scariest place we have ever stayed at and WE will NEVER stay at another motel 6 anywhere, ever.

Room Tip: drive a little further.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Heidi P
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Montgomery - East, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Heidi P,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the safety issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 17 October 2013

When I travel I am headed somewhere, and all I want is a reasonably clean room, a comfortable bed, and a decent bathroom. ( I don't think most people vacation at Motel 6s). I don't care about all the amenities---I can bring my own shampoo. Because I travel with a dog I appreciate the fact that Motel 6 does not charge a pet fee, which I really resent paying at some other chains. Let's face it---not all Motel 6s are created equal, and this one helps to give the chain the bad name so often associated with it. (Actually, there are many, many very good Motel 6s out there, and the stigma is totally undeserved. Even as I write this, I am sitting in a really nice one). The area surrounding the one in Montgomery seems a little sketchy, but I can deal with that, and often have, and have still posted a good review. However, the place was filthy. I spilled a little water on the floor, and when I wiped it up the paper towel was literally black. The bathroom floor was so dirty that the bathmat turned black. The shower was moldy. The beds had top sheets thrown on top of the mattresses, and they were too small to even tuck in. There was no blanket, just the dirty and stained thin bedspread. The wifi was weak, and we kept getting kicked off. I am choosing to believe that the sheets WERE changed after the last guest, but they appeared dirty. When we arrived, there were no towels in the room, but when I called the office they were delivered quickly. The office staff was pleasant and helpful., the beds were comfortable (except for the sheet situation), and I did not find any bugs in the beds. These points are the only reason I gave the place a "poor" instead of a "terrible." I definitely won't be back to this one!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

My husband & I were too tired to keep driving late at night, around 10:45, so we decided to stop at this M-6 because it was right off the Interstate. Big mistake! While unloading our car of valuables & essentials, we noticed some sketchy individuals sitting in a car, smoking what appeared to be "weed" or something worse! We thought if we could just get in our room things would quieten down. Wrong! About that time (11:05), a MPD squad car came flying in heading to the back of the lot. That should've been our next clue that we had made a huge mistake! We decided to "tough it out" & try to go to bed, as we were exhausted. There were two double beds w/platform (attached to wall w/screws ?), night stand shelf ? which was also "screwed" to the wall, not level I might add which also covered up the only outlet between the beds(don't get it!). There was a semi circle table also "screwed" to the wall with no chair to sit in. The bathroom looked as if it had not been cleaned. Shower & floor were nasty! (I wouldn't take off my shoes!) Two bath towels/two washclothes were the only towels...no hand towels. One bar of soap for two people to share. No where to hang clothes. Also, dust was thick below the headboards. There was noise & partying, & what appeared to be drug dealing going on right outside our door. We feared for our safety, so we just kept our cell phones by the bed, prayed & waited till morning so we could "make our escape!!" We definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND this property! Pay $40. more & go somewhere else! Run, don't walk!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Melanie C
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Montgomery - East, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Melanie C - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered, as well as the disturbances you experienced during your stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2013

DO NOT stay here. After checking in and making our way to our room dodging people falling out from their rooms, passing smells coming out of rooms that I can only guess were not of the legal kind we made it to our room. One look and we quickly left as the fast and furious wannabe's were having a meeting in the parking lot. I was honestly scared for our lives. This is not a motel 6 it is an extended stay for what appeared to be temp employees and people who cannot afford Apt rent. Run don't walk to the nearby Marriott for forty more dollars.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony M
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2013

In March, we were traveling to Florida and decided to find a "cheap" hotel for a quick night's sleep before heading on. We decided to stop around 8:30pm at the Montgomery Super 8. Bad decision...the first sign that we should've continued looking was the glass you had to talk through with the lobby clerk! The room given to us was on the first floor, and you walk directly out into the drive when you come out of the room, so very unsafe.

The room was not clean. Hair in the beds and on the pillows, one towel and washcloth in the bath (it was double room), and the floors had not been washed in some time from my perspective. We had to ask for clean sheets and more towels (and we had to put the sheets on!) Even so, I would not sleep in the bed.

Our room adjoined with another, and we could hear the TV and people so clearly they might as well have been in our room. Cars were in and out of the parking lot constantly. Can't say for sure what was going on but I think most of us can figure that out. Our dog growled and barked at the voices outside constantly - I think she was using her own special intuition telling us it was unsafe!

After 3 hours of noise and fear, we packed up and left. Bottom line...spend $40 more and get something better!!! Don't stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jsf2438
Perry, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Clean, small room in a convenient location of Montgomery. A little noisy early in the evening, but that stopped about 9 pm. There is a Waffle House and a convenience store within walking distance which is handy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Natalie W
Roanoke, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I decided not to over spend don an overnight motel because we were only going to be in town breifly. The Motel 6 had good prices so we decided to reserve a room. For one, all the tenants were dope dealers, alcoholics, and noise makers. The rooms were dirty and the sheets probably had not been cleaned in a long time because upon my departure, after only staying in the room for approximately 1 hour, I found BED BUGS! UGH!!!!!! We left the facility promtly and drove down to exit 4 and stayed at the wonderful Hilton Garden INN..........DO NOT STAY AT THE MOTEL 6 UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE DIRTY!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business