“Tucked out of the way Thai restaurant has great food and prices”

Green Papaya Lao & Thai Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 459 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Opelika, Alabama
“Tucked out of the way Thai restaurant has great food and prices”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is my favorite Thai restaurant. REALLY good food - no heavy sauces so you can taste the veggies and peanut sauce. If you really like THAI food - not Americanized too much - this is the place.
Friendly service in a small dining area, but the decor lets you know the culture! (Altho it is not overwhelming!)
Portions are good and so are the prices.
When I am in Montgomery and have a choice - this is my favorite dinner choice.

• Visited August 2012

“Best Thai in all of Montgomery”
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Don't go to Lek's. Don't go to Ala Thai. Go to Green Papaya! They're the best Asian restaurant in town! I eat there quite frequently and they are always consistent and completely delicious always!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“A Party in Your Mouth!”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Message flagged Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:04 AM
Anyone passing through Montgomery who enjoys Laotian and/or Thai cuisine should not miss the Green Papaya located at 409 Coliseum Blvd, www.greenpapayacuisine.com. Clean with a cozy atmosphere, attentive service, affordable prices, and generous portions - I'm always assured of a tasty lunch the next day. It's my "go to" place everytime I visit Montgomery. The Yun-Woon-Sen and NamSode are delightful summer salad meals.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank USAF_Officer
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Exotic Lunch”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were on our way back from Atlanta , going back home to New Orleans. I decided east brook flea market would be a good place to stretch our legs and browse around for a while. Found a couple of Adams Family playing cards, from a board game in the sixties.
The surprise I found was not in th Flea market, but several spaces down from the flea market "GREEN PAPAYA". What a wonderful lunch! I,m always scared to walk into an restaurant and see a buffet! ,but that was not the case with Green Papaya.
I started out with a cup "Tom Kha" soup. The soup was spicy and the coconut milk gave it a very rich flavor with hint of lime , shrimp , mushrooms unforgettable. I finished with "NAM TOK". Very good but , make sure you order it MILD, I got carried away and said "make it spicy" well you can imagine the look on the faces of the customers as I broke out in a sweat! I managed to clean the plate. It really is I a good place to eat.

• Visited March 2012