“Great first time; good second time; average third time.”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 463 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great first time; good second time; average third time.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I know the food here can be fantastic, because I had a lovely meal with a large group who ordered different entrees and enjoyed one another's dinner. The roasted chicken was superb! Steak good, appetizers good and pretty on the table. The next time met a friend for dinner and service took way too long. Last time met friends after work for drinks then dinner. Just "off" that night I hope. The restaurant is elegant and fresh, and I recommend that you try it!

• Visited May 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Best Restaurant in the Alley”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I don't know why this place doesn't have better reviews--I've been here many times and love it! I've never had anything bad..from the pimento cheese starter to the hanger steak and seafood entrees to the Bavarian cream dessert...everything is delicious. The service is always great and a lot of the produce they use is locally grown. I'm planning on having dinner there tonight, so I highly recommend it. :-)

Prattville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty incredible!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've taken my fiance' here a few times now and each time is better than the last! I always make fairly strange requests of the staff as to surprise her in some way, and they have ALWAYS delivered, and they remember us now! The food is nothing less than spectacular! Even a seemingly normal entree is kicked up to new levels. The past 2 times we went they had a local specialty beer available. The staff is more than capable and friendly! I've never had a bad thing to say about this place. If you want to treat your lady right, this is the place to go!

• Visited July 2013
“Not Bad, Not Great”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I ate here for dinner. We had a reservation and were quickly seated. The décor of the place is nice. The service was very good. The young lady taking our order was very attentive and nice. We both ordered wedge salads. They were not that great. There was way too much dressing on them. The menu stated blue cheese dressing but it was very mild-almost tasted like ranch. I had the pork chop with grits. The pork chop was nice and thick, perfectly cooked and had great flavor. However, the sauce on it was too sweet for me. The grits were tasty but a little wet. My wife had the chicken with mac and cheese. The chicken was good. It was moist and had good flavor. The mac and cheese was a little dry. I might go back. It thought it was a bit overpriced for what we got.

Montgomery, Alabama
“Fabulous place! Fabulous food! Great service!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Went to Central for the first time tonight and OMGosh! We tried 3 appetizers and they all were wonderful. We all tried different entrees and they were all just fantastic. Then we tried two different kinds of desserts, which were just the best. We had a great time tasting and sharing this delectable meal. The service is the best. The chef is so nice and friendly. The restaurant over all was immaculate and has a great atmosphere. In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in Montgomery!