“Nice Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery East
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here over the thanksgiving holiday weekend. It is a beautiful hotel. The staff are very accomodating and professional. The room was immaculate (and I am a VERY picky person when it comes to cleanliness) and it smelled really good. That was a nice extra touch. The rooms have Keurigs, if you care about that sort of thing. The beds were comfortable. They offer a free continental breakfast, but for $9.99 you can order hot items off of the grill. I would recommend this hotel for family, business travelers, etc... It is right off of the interstate, so very easy to get to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 December 2013

When I am in Montgomery, Alabama, on business or pleasure, I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in a great location, easily accessible to the interstate, quiet, and the staff is extremely courteous and professional. I am a "regular" at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I spent four nights in Montgomery. The hotel is located on the beginning of the east side of town. It seems like you are in the middle of nowhere at first. I arrived in the very early morning so it seemed like nothing was around the hotel. Well just a street east there is a ton of restaurants.

The hotel is nice and the the rooms are comfortable. Typical for a HGI. Staff I encountered were nice.

Now for the problem. I had my cell phone charger stolen from the room. I had it plugged into the lamp my whole trip and I was the only one in my room except for staff. The last night after a very long working day I went to charge my phone and it was gone. I had not moved it the whole time during my stay. I called the front desk to file a complaint and asked for a manager to call my cell on Friday. When departing I left my business card and asked again to have a manager follow up with me. No follow up on Friday. It is Sat morning and I called the hotel and no manager on duty today.

It is very disappointing to have personal items disappear from your room. I will never stay at this hotel again! Very unsatisfied with how the desk staff handled the complaint. Not even an apology. HGI, you can do better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
lbaproperties, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback, as a Hilton Property we strive to exceed your expectations on every visit. I can assure you that we hire honest associates and we looked for your charger diligently. I would like to apologize for not responding expeditiously to your phone call, the front desk handled the situation very professional and took all of your information and reported it to the appropriate department head. Again, we do sincerely regret the inconvenience, we value your patronage and we appreciate the time taken to alert the mangement staff.

Best Regards,

Carrie White

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is clean , but kind of off the beaten path. If you're not careful, you'll miss it. There is at least one other Hilton hotel nearby. The lobby is very clean and nice. So are the rooms. There was a slight musty smell when we entered. Internet service (wifi) is fare (3.5 MBPS). I'm not a Diamond member so breakfast is NOT free. It was good but think not worth the $9.95 price. All the workers were friendly and helpful. Overall, worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel with it's excellent staff is worth driving a few extra miles from my business! I've stayed here several times over the last years and always been greeted and treated excellent by the staff even during their renovation, which has mad the facility even better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at this location for business travel. Overall, the location was quiet and people are very nice. My mattress was a bit lopsided, but found out there is a lever to adjust the firmness on each side. Attempted to adjust but it did not work. Love the Keurig coffee maker and the complimentary water in the rooms.

One suggestion is signage on how to turn the bathtub from faucet to shower. I had never experienced on that you pull the lever down from the faucet...learning something new every day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My stay here was wonderful! The property was very nice and clean and it appeared to be newly renovated. I found great shopping and restaurants conveniently within a couple of exits from the hotel. The great thing is, you don't even have to leave the property for a bite to eat, as they have a nice little restaurant onsite. And, at breakfast time, they have a nice breakfast buffet selection with hot made-to-order items. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone I encountered greeted me with a smile. Overall, my stay was great! I will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family