“Not up to standards”

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Hanceville, United States
“Not up to standards”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at this property because the Homewood Suites next door was have work done on the property. The room smelled if it had been smoked in the night before even thou it was a none smoking room. The floor was not as clean as it should have been. The toilet seat was loose. Could not find a folder in the room showing the menu for down stairs or the local places to eat. Just not up to par with the other properties.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

lbaproperties, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery East, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
I would like to extend my deepest apology for the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery-East for the inconvenience and frustration. We value your patronage and we appreciate the time taken to alert the management staff. I will share your concerns with the entire staff and in terms hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Carrie White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
Savannah, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Thank you for all that your staff did, and we thank the young man who checked us in he was great. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed the location as it was close to the main interstate but there was no noise. We felt like the hotel was somewhere in the middle of the mountains, yet it was close to all the various city locations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 6 December 2013

During check in and during my stay Assistant GM Melvin Pettus has very good customer service skills. I enjoyed talking to him and he makes everyone feel's welcome. I normally stay at Embassy Suite or the Renaissance Montgomery Hotel downtown which is way more money. Because of his good customer service skills. I would consider this my new hotel whenever I visit Montgomery, AL. Also the cleaning staff was very polite, friendly and courteous. This type of service and treatment will always get my business. I would like to thank everyone and hope to visiting again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this place. I checked in and Kelvin was just great! So friendly and professional. I told him I was starving and he did a great job of recommending the hotel restaurant. I told him I was in the mood to go somewhere so he told me about Firebirds. So glad he told me about it. Awesome experience.
So, I get back to the hotel, settle into the chair to catch up on some paperwork. I look at the bed and there is something really gross looking on the duvet. I grabbed my phone, took a picture and went to the desk. I showed it to Pat who said he would be up shortly with a new duvet. For some reason I thought that was okay. Until I got back to my room and saw it again. I really couldn't fathom getting into that bed. It was about then that Pat called to say he couldn't find a duvet and he was bringing a key to a new room. Happy to be in a new room but just a little concerned. I sat at the desk and the "in-room comfort guide" for the chair is on the desk and some notes on it. I don't think this acceptable. The card should be replaced. Small detail compared to what I just came from but it's a reflection on the housekeeping at this hotel. I seriously doubt I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bjkennedy
lbaproperties, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery East, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery.

At the Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery, we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and customer care in every area of our hotel. Because of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, I would like to apologize. I appreciate you making me aware of the situation and we are working to resolve this matter. I can guarantee you that during your next stay you will not have another uncomfortable experience.

I am pleased that Melvin and Pat were able to assist you during your stay when you encountered the problem. Our staff is excellent with their customer care and I appreciate you recognizing them for their assistance.

I hope that you continue to stay with us during your future travels to the Montgomery area. We would be more than honored to have you back with us.

Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here over the thanksgiving holiday weekend. It is a beautiful hotel. The staff are very accomodating and professional. The room was immaculate (and I am a VERY picky person when it comes to cleanliness) and it smelled really good. That was a nice extra touch. The rooms have Keurigs, if you care about that sort of thing. The beds were comfortable. They offer a free continental breakfast, but for $9.99 you can order hot items off of the grill. I would recommend this hotel for family, business travelers, etc... It is right off of the interstate, so very easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Orange Beach, AL, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

When I am in Montgomery, Alabama, on business or pleasure, I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in a great location, easily accessible to the interstate, quiet, and the staff is extremely courteous and professional. I am a "regular" at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Tucson AZ
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I spent four nights in Montgomery. The hotel is located on the beginning of the east side of town. It seems like you are in the middle of nowhere at first. I arrived in the very early morning so it seemed like nothing was around the hotel. Well just a street east there is a ton of restaurants.

The hotel is nice and the the rooms are comfortable. Typical for a HGI. Staff I encountered were nice.

Now for the problem. I had my cell phone charger stolen from the room. I had it plugged into the lamp my whole trip and I was the only one in my room except for staff. The last night after a very long working day I went to charge my phone and it was gone. I had not moved it the whole time during my stay. I called the front desk to file a complaint and asked for a manager to call my cell on Friday. When departing I left my business card and asked again to have a manager follow up with me. No follow up on Friday. It is Sat morning and I called the hotel and no manager on duty today.

It is very disappointing to have personal items disappear from your room. I will never stay at this hotel again! Very unsatisfied with how the desk staff handled the complaint. Not even an apology. HGI, you can do better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
lbaproperties, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montgomery East, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback, as a Hilton Property we strive to exceed your expectations on every visit. I can assure you that we hire honest associates and we looked for your charger diligently. I would like to apologize for not responding expeditiously to your phone call, the front desk handled the situation very professional and took all of your information and reported it to the appropriate department head. Again, we do sincerely regret the inconvenience, we value your patronage and we appreciate the time taken to alert the mangement staff.

Best Regards,