“Not bad...”

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not bad...”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is not bad. It's in a good location close to the interstate. The exterior and interior have both been maintained. They staff....that's another issue. Don't be surprised if you have to wait forever to receive help. Also, make sure they put you in the room type you reserved.....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my 3rd stay at this HGI. Decent location, easy on/off the freeway and 10-15 minutes from downtown, Maxwell and Gunter AFB. This trip seemed as if the food and beverage manager was on vacation. The in-room coffee service was not to HGI spec (2 reg coffee, 1 decaf, 1 tea with cream sugar set-up). The bar was poorly stocked...none of the most popular liquors, short stock on all beers and wine. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and typical HGI. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Must pay for breakfast. Bar has only low end liquor. Checkout is 1PM no compromise. Must pay for breakfast. Bar has only low end liquor. Checkout is 1PM no compromise Must pay for breakfast. Bar has only low end liquor. Checkout is 1PM no compromise

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Check in and staff were great. Desk associate was excellent, friendly and helpful. Room was standard garden in with furniture that was adequate but aging.
Two complaints about this stay, shower and breakfast. Shower had a very low pressure which is a pet peeve.
Breakfast was not very good. Server was more interested in sports scores than customers. I did get the omelet I ordered but had to get my own coffee. I felt like I was interrupting his day by coming in.
This is a higher priced Garden Inn and because of these issues I do not feel it was worth the cost. Nothing seriously wrong with this facility I just could not find anything outstanding.

Stayed July 2014
Mobile,AL
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at this HGI earlier this week and we could not have been more pleased with this choice. Each and every staff person that we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well maintained with everything in good working order with comfortable beds. My wife was pleased that our room had a full bath. We stayed in the "back" of the hotel nearest I-85 but we detected no traffic noises throughout our stay. The overpass on Perry Hill Road in under repair but this wasn't too much of a hassle.
I used the business center which had two stations with fast Internet access. My wife used the wi-fi in our room that also worked well. My wife thought that the fitness area was quite adequate and she felt that the $9 fee for a continental breakfast was quite reasonable.
Check-in & check-out were seamless. There were ample parking spaces available each of the multiple times we drove our car in and out during our stay.
I think that this HGI is a great choice if you have a car at your disposal.

Room Tip: Our room was on the I-85 side of the property but we didn't hear any road noise throughout our s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a nice property located in a quiet setting in wooded area. The room was decent and the staff was friendly. Bathroom was spacious as well. It had an easy access to interstate highway. The buffet breakfast for $9.99 was really worth every penny.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have quieter setting as the property was surrounded by woods.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel provided an excellent location for a weekend trip. The hotel was clean and very accessible to where I needed to go. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about the Montgomery area. While the pool area needed attention, the rest of the hotel was excellent and I would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo