I always book a 2 ½* hotel with a little trepidation because I never know what I’ll get. I’m here to report that Country Inn & Suites exceeded my expectations. While a few things in common areas seemed a little cheap, the big surprise was the room. Not only was it nice, but it was HUGE! Upon entering the room there was a small kitchenette to the left, with a long counter top, microwave, mini refrigerator, coffee maker and sink. On the opposite wall was a desk for office work. To the right was a living room with a love seat that converted to a sofa bed, an easy chair and several tables and lamps – lots of space. The bedroom area was also spacious and pretty standard. I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the pillows and mattress were, providing a great night’s sleep. The bathroom itself was tiny with the vanity outside.
Little things separate this from being a more upscale lodging – a noisy exhaust in the bathroom, amenities that are pretty common, like Vaseline lotion and Pantene shampoo and conditioner, and doors that slam shut loudly and shake surrounding rooms. Lesser construction standards allow noise to reverberate to surrounding rooms. It was hard to miss the room across from me with young girls, screaming, crying kids and babies and slamming doors. Budget pricing common to this type of hotel appeals to families. An extra-long cord on the iron was a nice touch, however. On Sunday morning the elevator broke down, stranding a few people and requiring a rescue from the fire department!
My expectations of a free hotel breakfast are pretty low and some things met those low expectations while others exceeded them. I opened a chafer to encounter little yellow disks wondering, “What is this, pineapple?” Yikes, those are the eggs. Horrid. Potatoes come frozen in a pouch and are heated, but the sausage was good. There was a cool self-serve waffle making station and offering sugar free syrup was a nice touch as was Quaker Oats oatmeal. Overall, the breakfast options were pretty extensive with bananas, cut fruit, three different juices, four cold cereals, donuts, bagels and toast. With a little care you can put together a decent breakfast.
BTW, both the Hyundai plant in Montgomery and the Kia plant in LaGrange, GA use this hotel to lodge visiting managers from Korea, which explains the two Korean newspapers in the lobby and five Korean tv channels.
The hotel more than met my needs and even surprised me. I’ll continue to take a chance on 2 ½* hotels based on my positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Style & Convenience at out Montgomery East HotelLocated just off I-85 in the heart of Montgomery's fastest-growing area, the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Montgomery East offers comfortable hotel rooms, convenient services and the perfect location in Montgomery for business and leisure guests. Our hotel's outstanding guest rooms and suites put you within reach of Montgomery East’s growing retail and dining district. Visit popular local attractions including the First School of Flight and Civil Rights Memorial. Business guests can benefit from the close proximity to Montgomery Regional Airport. Take advantage of convenient amenities like free high-speed Internet access, a heated indoor pool and complimentary free breakfast. Stay in the heart of Dixie at the charming Country Inn & Suites hotel in Montgomery, Alabama (AL). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East Hotel Montgomery
- Country Inn Montgomery East
- Montgomery Country Inn