Country Inns are my favorite chain by far, I've stayed at many and have never had a problem, till this one! Although it's got the wonderful "Country" feel (well appointed lobby, very welcoming), the property was very old and in need of attention. The neighborhood wasn't the greatest for a traveller (lots of businesses and a busy street, next to a lot of lower end hotel chains, the better chains were the next exit up the highway.)
Our 1st room was next to the side doors, which SLAMMED every few minutes as people came and went. We heard every single person that used the door. This problem could be solved with a simple pneumatic assembly to lightly shut the door (you've seen em everywhere). Anyway, the room itself was clean but felt very very old. While "clean", most of the bathroom was stained and discolored from years and years of use. The tub was gross, in desperate need of some bleech. The TV remote was duct taped shut and was covered in some sort of white goo.
After a few hours of the slamming we asked for another room. The lady up front sympathized with us and didn't question us at all, it seems like a common occurance. We moved up to the 2nd floor to discover the majority of the floor was rented out by a school group, meaning we were in for a long night! The walls and doors were so paper thin that we heard conversations that were literally hundreds of feet down the hall, and every time someone walked by, the floor creeked and the door rattled. The room was just as "old" feeling as the 1st, the bathroom in just as bad shape. The cabinet door for the fridge was broken off and laying there.
Anyway, it was not Countrys best Inn, in fact I'd venture to say it's one of their worst. I have given Country a lot of loyalty because they've always been top notch, but they majorly stumbled here. Time to sell the property and get a newer, better location, I wasnt even aware that Country operated places this old!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Style & Convenience at out Montgomery East HotelLocated just off I-85 in the heart of Montgomery's fastest-growing area, the Country Inn & Suites Hotel Montgomery East offers comfortable hotel rooms, convenient services and the perfect location in Montgomery for business and leisure guests. Our hotel's outstanding guest rooms and suites put you within reach of Montgomery East’s growing retail and dining district. Visit popular local attractions including the First School of Flight and Civil Rights Memorial. Business guests can benefit from the close proximity to Montgomery Regional Airport. Take advantage of convenient amenities like free high-speed Internet access, a heated indoor pool and complimentary free breakfast. Stay in the heart of Dixie at the charming Country Inn & Suites hotel in Montgomery, Alabama (AL). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East Hotel Montgomery
- Country Inn Montgomery East
- Montgomery Country Inn