“Ideal for a one night stop over”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East
Ranked #51 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A good clean hotel with large bedrooms a king size beds,micro wave and fridge,crisp clean linen on the bed ,spotless bathroom ,also coffee making facilities .
I was very impressed.
I gave it only four stars as those who want a bar or to eat have to go accross the road to one of the eating places for which the are many ( CrackerBarrel being my favorite )
Breakfast was free and very good it was.
So to sum up perfect for one or two nights clean,friendly plenty of places to eat close by

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bob G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor and giving us 4 STARS. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I will share your comment with all of our associates. They will be happy to hear that there efforts resulted in the great impression you mentioned. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize the staff for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was great and accommodating. The room was large and clean. The bathroom was sparkling clean. Great location. The cookie and coffee service was a nice touch. The only issue was the sofa sleeper, it is broken down and needs to be replaced.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrgenterprises
Bob G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hi jrgenterprises,
Thank you for the 5 STAR review,your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the accommodating staff, the large and clean room and the COOKIES!!!. We are in the process of addressing the sleeper sofas.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent our first night of our 9 day tor here. The hotel was very clean and spacious. Lovely beds, nce and quiet. A lovely breakfast, everyone polite. A few fast food outlets nearby, burger king etc. You wont be disapointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janneyannWigan

Hi janneyannWigan,
Thank you for the 5 STAR review,your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you found the hotel clean and spacious along with our excellent staff.
Our breakfast is a big hit-glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Upon entering the breakfast area, my husband and I got our breakfast and begin to eat. There was many people in the breakfast area eating. The pregnant lady in the breakfast area only as for the African American people room key. She stated that people comes off the street and will attempt to eat breakfast, which we understood, but what we did not understand, why she just checked, the African Americans(us). And she did not check the Caucasian (white) people that was sitting there. We notice and also the other African American family, and we spoke to the desk clerk and she stated, "She did not do it intentional," Of course we know better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria J
Bob G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi Maria J.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We will have a conversation with our staff and share your comments.
Thanks again for contacting us. Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here during a convention in Montgomery. All our rooms were clean and well maintained. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen in a Country Inn & Suites. Will definitely stay here again next year.

Room Tip: The king jacuzzi suite was very nice with a conference table that was perfect for our team to gather...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hi Mobilesteelerectors,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel while attending your convention. Guest comments are always appreciated .

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I booked with this hotel in May of 2013. I contacted the hotel in regards to the accomodation and they stated to me one thing, but upon my arrival on July 5, 2013, I was given something else. I requested a double queen non-smoking room that sleeps 4 adults and again, I got 1 king bed and a couch instead. The front desk cleark was very courteous and assured me that the Front desk manager would assist me the next morining. I was very disappointed but managed the night through by purchasing an air mattress until the situation was handled. Unfortunately the next day, the front desk manager failed to show, but contacted the front desk and told her to hand me the phone over the counter. As I attempted to explain what transpired, the front desk manager was very non chalant about things and suggested that I find another hotel or either accept a roll away bed(that looked soiled) for no charge for the next night. I ended the call with her and contacted their coporate branch to speak with them abou the matter. They immediately contacted the hotel in regards to my concern. Thirty minutes later, the front desk manager agreed to speak with me to only tell me the exact thing she stated before. I then proceeded to call the coporate office back letting them know that she refused to accomodate me and my family not because she couldn't (because she had already moved 3 people that morning) but because she chose not to for whatever reason that was. Upon talking with them, I pull the couch out to see how big the mattress was to find not only old smelly linens, but underneath the mattress was also an old used condom and its wrapper. At that time, I then contacted her to come and view the findings; when she arrived she and the HEAD OF HOUSEKEEPING were in disbelief as they saw it as well. Then only, was she willingfully attempted to accomodate my family and give me a PARTIAL refund. I was frustrated and beyond pissed at that time to even think about staying there. I was lied to, I was treated as if I was on my own when it came to accomodations, and was left out to dry when it came to customer service. I had to contact coporate yet again to handle this situation. My family and I checked out of the hotel and made reservations else where. Meanwhile, the hotel promised that the following Monday, they would ensure that money was debited back to my account to only find out that it wasn't. I had to contact coporate again and this time, they had to step in while I was on the phone to catch them in the lies that they were telling in order to know that this stuff wasn't just something that I had made up. They were expericing the same exact frustration that I was with all the finger pointing that was going on. All in all, they completely neglected my needs as well as the need of the hotel by way of ensuring cleanliness and of course safety. It is distasteful and disgusting that this happen. If the front desk manager would have spent more time assisting me then atagonizing me for their screw up, then maybe the situation wouldn't have gotten as out of hand. I don't recommend a sewer rat living there...unbelieveable experience. Choose wisely because sometimes you don't get what you pay for....you get worse!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank martha w
Bob G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Hi Martha W.,
Thank you for taking the time to reach out via TripAdvisor.
Guest comments are always appreciated, even when they deal with needed improvements on our part.
We apologize for the difficulties you encountered and are happy that the situation has been resolved.
Thanks Again!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst travelling from Atlanta to New Orleans. It was pretty much as expected, with a spacious, clean room, free Wifi and breakfast, plus free Cookies which were nice! I guess it's just a bit dated, but overall good value for money.

We requested a quiet room as we were travelling with a toddler, so they kindly put is in one at the end of the corridor.

It's a fine stopover and probably would stay here again (although I very much doubt I'll be in that area ever again!)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheDon79
Bob G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Montgomery East, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Hi TheDon79,
Thank you taking the time to write a review from your recent visit. Guest comments are always appreciated and welcome.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious clean room, free Wi-Fi, breakfast and the cookies.
Glad we were able to take care of the quiet room request.
If & when you travel thru Montgomery again, we hope you stay with us.
Thanks again for your comments.