“Good, fast value”

Applebee's
Ranked #344 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Taylor Rd. location is easy access from a busy road, and there are always tables available.
We enjoy 'popping in' to this local eatery when the kids are starving & we are ready for quick service.
The servers here are extremely kind, accommodating, & customer service oriented. We like the overall menu & our teens love their buffalo wing sauce a lot!
The thing i like least is the 'less than attentive' interest from the Hostess staff; however, one you clear the front door you are good to go for the remainder of your visit (:
Pricing is casual & the servers don't mind grabbing you a to go cup for your drinks.
We visit regularly...

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Decent service, decent food, nothing fancy. Reasonable prices. I would rate this place as better than O'Charleys but not as good as Outback.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The store was dirty the bathroom was dirty. Never got drink we ordered. Wrote company about this visit and was not answered. Did not use regular set-up asked for plastic as two set-ups they gave us were both dirty. This was at Applebee's on Taylor Rd.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Now I generally am optimistic about all of my eating endeavors, but after this experience at Applebee's, my views may change. After stopping in Montgomery, AL for the night, we decided to get some takeout. When arriving, I was greeted and gave my order to the bartender. When the food arrived, she was friendly and checked out all of our food. In the process, we realized two of the dishes were wrong.

At this point, I wasn't really bothered, as I can understand how this can happen on a busy night. But the next incident was inexcusable for their "Curb-side service." Right as I was leaving, I realized we had no plastic ware. When I asked for some, one waitress looked and could not find any. After coming back empty-handed, another employee went to get them. When she came back, she claimed "Sorry, we don't have any more plastic forks and knives." In all of my experiences with take-out, I have NEVER encountered this phenomenon. But whatever, at least I have my food.

When I thought the worst was over, it was just getting started. I was a little annoyed they gave us ranch instead of blue cheese for our wings, but that was the least of my problems. I started eating my chicken penne dish (after I scrounged up some silverware), and about half way through, I noticed something very wrong with the chicken slices. Half of them were literally raw and translucent. Since I was back at the hotel, I could not send it back to be properly cooked. I couldn't believe they served me raw chicken. Another person ordered the Cajun steak, which he described "it tasted like a Salisbury steak TV dinner-style meal." It really looked like the cooks just used way too much tenderizer for the meat, making it way too mushy to be sirloin.

All in all, I would have rather eaten out of the hotel vending machine and went to bed hungry than eat the poor quality food that is served at this Applebee's!

1  Thank Kevin630
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Prompt service, food served promptly and hot. Well prepared. Service friendly and helpful