“Actually disappointed”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 493 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at The Shoppes at EastChase. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday & Sunday from 11AM-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My coworkers all swear by this place. So, when I was in town on business, I stopped for my last dinner here. Threw down $45 on a meal and desert. I got the steak, garlic potatoes and green beans. For desert, a creme brulee cheesecake. The environment is dark but nice - little higher end in the atmosphere. The bartender was great; I sat and waited for my to-go food there at the bar. Awesome guy. As for the food, my steak was great and the potatoes good, too. The green beans?! Oh my heavens I was so disappointed with the green beans. They were undercooked and just...ugh... The creme brulee cheesecake...I like the concept, the creme brulee part was nothing more than a burnt top on the cheesecake. I scraped it off and ate what was underneath. I would eat here again, at someone else's expense, no cheesecake, no green beans. Steak, potatoes and maybe a salad. For $45 plus a tip, my meal better be the highlight of my life.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Handy restaurant when visiting East Chase. Service is usually very good as is the food. This time I was seated close to the kitchen and the kitchen staff were VERY noisy, yelling, talking loudly, I could have done with much less noise. Would be a good idea for the manager to address this issue so patrons can enjoy their meal and be able to converse. My server was very good, friendly, kept checking on me. I ordered the grilled fish tacos, excellent. Love the slaw. I tend to go back to the fish tacos, really hard to beat and always good. Their salads are also tops. I have never had a bad meal here and it's handy when I am shopping. Decor is relaxing, pretty bar. Nice lighting. Clean restroom. The person at the desk has always been welcoming. Their bread is VERY good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My spouse and I went to Firebirds' for an early dinner last Saturday. The restaurant was clean and the aromas coming from the grill excited my salivary glands. The host was very pleasant and professional; we were quickly seated. Our server, Rachel, was fast and very competent. We opted for "naked" baked wings as an appetizer and I chose the portobello sandwich w/ sautéed spinach as my entree. The wings were prepared surprisingly fast, thoroughly cooked, and very tasty. The sautéed spinach was good. The portobello sandwich, although yummy, should have been named "Spinach & Tomato Sandwich" as there was a disproportionate ratio of spinach and tomato to portobello. Nevertheless, the sandwich was delicious.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I pass by Firebirds all the time when going to Eastchase but never gave it a try. A few friends from work decided to go here for lunch one day.

The decor is pretty nice and we were greeted warmly upon arrival. The service after that was very slow. It was lunch, but still the restaurant was not even a quarter full and the food took forever it seemed. The food itself is average at best. The menu is extensive enough but taste wise it is nothing to rave about. The prices are rather high compared to other restaurants in town. You definitely can get better food elsewhere, and for a whole lot cheaper.

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Meowy,
Thank you for stopping by our Montgomery location for lunch. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere but I'm sorry that we did not execute our usual speed of service nor food quality. Your feedback is important to us so I will share your comments with management. We hope that you will give us another try soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This was better than a regular chain restaurant I had the salmon which is very good

Service was mediocre. Probably would try another restaurant next time around everything was perfectly fine but nothing was his excellent

Dear bleph,
Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent dinner on the patio in Montgomery. I'm glad that you enjoyed the wood grilled salmon but I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations with the service and over all food quality. I will share your comments with our management team. We hope that you will give us another try soon.