“Great for Business”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Great hotel for business stay. On site amenities free up a lot of time for more productivity. Staff are very helpful, professional, courteous and capable. Location is very convenient to Gunter AFB where I was working. I had a great two week stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I were extremely dissatisfied. We were traveling from Fort Worth, Texas to Tampa, FL and after driving for over 12 hours we had high expectations as we have never been dissatisfied with any of the Hilton Brand hotels. To start with, we wanted to use our Hilton Honors points and the computer system had been down each time I called all day long and kept on getting the run around about who to call and at one point I was on hold for over 15 minutes. When I arrived, I had to wait approximately 10 - 15 minutes while the staff was changing shifts before I could even be checked in. Then, I went to the room and walked in and the bed was unmade and as I entered further, I realized that the room was in "use" which was very awkward. There was no apology, just "I am not sure why that happened ". Upon entering the room it had a mildewy and damp odor. Then when we wanted to shower and clean up after our trip; I turned on the water and realized that the shower head was broken and could not stay up. I had to hold the shower head which was awkward while soaping and washing my hair. As you have read, this stay at this hotel been a huge disappointment and would like to hope that Hilton will either reimburse me for my stay financially along with some form of compensation. We have been HGVC owners for almost 10 years and have never had a bad word to say along with always recommending any of your brands to friends and or business associates. After this stay we are having serious doubts about this brand of hotels.

2  Thank Michael M
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Michael M,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the management and staff on your family's recent stay with us. Experiences encountered during your stay was without question not up to par to the standards we aim to uphold everyday. We have relayed your comments to every member of our hotel team to make sure issues like these are not duplicated. I certainly appreciate your honest feedback with us. Per our 100% Suite Assurance satisfaction guarantee, I hope we've made strides to acknowledge the issues that you faced and try to make it right after the fact. If your travels bring you back through Montgomery in the future, we'd love for you to give us another try.

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've stayed in a HS on 4 occasions. I have always been pleased, but this one was the nicest so far. The floor plan was very conveniently laid out, clean and comfortable. A highlight for me, was getting to do a week's worth of laundry for just $2.00/ load (I had my own detergent), while my husband took our girls to the indoor pool.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This property worked well for our four-night business trip, and fit just within our employer's budget guidelines. Rooms are spacious and modern with kitchenettes. Some noise from I-85, but it wasn't terrible. Wireless internet was reliable if not very fast. Cable television includes MSNBC (step up from the Hampton Inn across town). Breakfast is the unimpressive standard Hilton spread. Tiny business center with one printer/scanner and two computers. Tiny fitness room with one elliptical machine, two treadmills, and a few free weights (but, strangely, none over 8lbs). Didn't have an opportunity to partake of the pool or basketball hoop, or the guest laundry facilities. Allow 15-20 minutes each way for the drive between this property and downtown, and if it's rush hour, avoid taking 85...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The staff is welcoming and helpful, however the side door was unlocked at 10:30pm, the bathroom was dirty, and breakfast was terrible. I really expected better. Holiday Inn typically delivers better for the same price point as well as Residence Inn. I really expected more from Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Carmen H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First of all, please accept our apologies for our shortcomings on your recent stay with us. Clearly the items that you addressed in your review are not up to our Hilton standards and have already been addressed at the property by the management team and the staff. You're expectation of our hotel is our goal. Expect more. Not get less. We're responsive to our guests needs and handle them quickly. In the end, I am very grateful for your review. Without it, we cannot improve and correct. On your next visit to Montgomery, we hope you and your family will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at Homewood in Montgomery on our way to and from Florida. The first time we had 2 connecting studio suites. The WiFi was "iffy". The beds were horrible with springs and being sunken in. I told the front desk upon checkout and they said I was the first one to say that. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the way home. Same bad mattresses along with the pull out bed for our son. The sofa cushions were very worn out and sunken in as well. There were not enough bowls & silverware for 3. There was no trash can in the kitchen. The laundry room was clean :-)

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just finished a ten month stay at this hotel due to a temporary work assignment. Simply put: My best hotel experience ever! From the management staff, to the front desk, maintenance, kitchen, and Housekeeping (Jason, Tony, Cheryl, Mac, Sharon, and the entire staff): An outstanding example of Hilton quality and service! You made me feel at home and part of the family, I miss you all already.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

MojorisingMG,

We miss you guys! It was great having you on your extended assignment in Montgomery. One of the great things about an extended stay hotel is the connections and relationships that you build with our guests. The entire staff enjoyed the past 10 months with you. It's just not the same walking past "la casita" without the dry erase board. I know you're probably enjoying a fine cigar and martini now back in sunny Florida. Please stay in touch. Thanks again for sharing your home with us over the past year. It's been great!

All the best!