“Great Hotel for overnight”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Jasper, Indiana
“Great Hotel for overnight”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped here for an overnight en-route to south Alabama. We arrived a little late, but were greeted promptly.

We had reserved two double-queen rooms. Unfortunately, the guest who was supposed to check out of one of our rooms extended an extra night, so there was only one double-queen room.

The front desk gentleman was very accomodating and gave us two single king beds and the only double queen, three rooms, for the original reservation price for two rooms. They definitely understand the value of customer satisfaction and I was impressed that the company empower the front desk people to make that call on the spot.

The hotel is just off I-85, not far from I-65, so it works if you're going north/south or east/west.
Rooms were standard Homewood Suites. That means excellent by most other standards: big room, pull-out couch, full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishwasher with dishes, etc. Just like a small apartment.

Breakfast was hot, delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
armstrongca,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First off, I'm sorry that we weren't able to come through with your original requests on your reservation. It is not a common occurrence but can happen from time to time as some extended stay guests may stay over a little longer than they originally planned. We do our best to flex in those situations and come up with alternative solutions to meet the needs of our guests. In this case, we didn't think you should be penalized by having to pay for more rooms because of our inventory shortfall. However, we still try to provide the space that you originally needed. Even then it is still somewhat inconvenient, but we really do try to make the best of the situations as they arise. I believe in cases like that, our ability to highlight our service and willingness to accommodate shines through. For that, I appreciate you recognizing our desk team--they do a great job adjusting and adapting to take care of all of our guests.

Thanks again for the kind and thorough review. If you're ever passing through again on your way south, we'd love to have you again!

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My original hotel was overbooked and I got “walked” to Homewood Suites. I couldn’t have been more pleased. At 3 stars, it was an upgrade over my 2 ½ star reservation and the room was nothing short of spectacular. It was a huge suite that would be totally awesome for a long term stay or for an overnight or weekend family stay. For this single traveler it seemed downright luxurious.

The in suite kitchen had granite countertops and came equipped with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and two burner stove and was well appointed with Fiesta Ware, color coordinated of course. I don’t think I’ve seen an in suite kitchen this nice. There was also a table for dining as the space morphed into a living room with a sofa bed and coffee table. There was a generous amount of space before it transitioned into sleeping quarters with a desk, dresser, television and king size bed with ample pillows. The vanity, tucked away, also had granite countertops and was separate from the shower, tub and toilet.

The morning breakfast is fairly typical of a free hotel breakfast with scrambled eggs, grits, cereal, bagels, toast, juice, etc., but it was presented in a space that is more upscale than is typical. My eggs and grits were especially good.

There is also a small, functional business center.

This is all housed in a quiet, wooded office park just off the interstate, closer to town than hotels on the bypass or in East Montgomery.

I was left with a great impression of the hotel, my room and the amenities. Based on my experience you can’t go wrong with Homewood Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
atlhppwt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. As a Top Contributor, your feedback in invaluable to our future guests in making decisions on where to travel, dine and sightsee. From time to time, hotels worldwide will sometimes have a night where we're overbooked. I'm extremely pleased that this ended up paying off for you by getting the opportunity to experience our hotel. I'm even surprised that you took notice to our Fiesta Ware china in all of the suites. You really do pay attention to the details! In fact, you're the first person to upload new photos of our recently renovated hotel. We don't have the new professional photos up on the website as of yet, but we really appreciate you taking the time out of your trip to share with the TripAdvisor community what you experienced and visually--what you saw by uploading the photos. I hope on your next trip to Montgomery that instead of choosing the hotel that walked you--we'd love to be your first choice next time.

Thanks again and I hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Jason DeLuca
Porterville, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have stayed at several Hilton properties. This one rates very high. Rooms were of excellent quality and helpfulness of staff some of the best. Location provided easy access to interstate and was with 5 minutes of downtown and local shopping.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It has been a pleasure being at the Homewood by Hilton for 1 month. You made me feel like home for 30 days! You sure remember that business is about service, not sale. Courtesy and politeness of Alabamian residents are much noted. Special thanks to all the girls from the kitchen, excellent work! Also MUCH THANKS to Tonya, my room was always clean and organized! Puerto Rico USA

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Collierville, TN, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and fresh. Hospitality of check-in person was outstanding. Good value for quality hotel compared to others. Have stayed at this hotel several times and plan to stay there again. Highly recommend!

Fresno, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ok, after reading all the wonderful reviews- you did the right thing by booking. Here are my Do's and Don'ts:

Do's

-Beds are so COZY! Great mattresses w/ pillows.

-know the sofa's pull out to a sleeper. That is where my 3 year old slept.

-there is coin laundry on 2nd floor, so PACK lightly (Montgomery Airport is small, took forever to get my checked bag.... next time, just a carry on and going to wash every other day). $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry- worth every quarter.

-Breakfast- it's free and plentiful. Every day was a basic scrambled egg + meat breakfast. Waffle bar was my 3 year old's favorite. Cereal, yogurt, oatmeal bar. Juice/coffee bar. Fruit. Honestly, sure- it got a little old by day 4- but that last day I chose to have cereal & yogurt. (oh and bagels/pastries & Grits were laid out as well). You have options! and it's included in the price of the hotel- WONDERFUL

-Lets talk about Southern Hospitality.... I am from California where there is no such thing. I was shocked at the amount of helpfulness in Montgomery. The front desk staff was amazing. Answered every question, helped me get my Dining Out Dress pressed by dry-cleaners, and even allowed me a late late check out the day of DH Graduation. Parade was at 11am and no way was I going to make it back by noon. They were not even phased when I asked for 1:30pm checkout and even said "if you get in a bind, just call us". wow.... they have earned my business forever just for that. (note, I was 7 months pregnant with a 3 year old- traveling alone--this may have earned me extra privileges)

-Grocery Service- yup- they will stock your full size fridge with whatever you need- they have a form you fill out (they prob can do it BEFORE you even check in)- just call. Honestly with Breakfast served, you won't need the groceries.

-Target 2 freeway exits up, and Walmart 1 freeway exit down. We went to stock up on bottled water and snacks. Full kitchen is SO nice to have!

-Dinner on weeknights- We were never around to eat, but hey- way cool they have it.

-Wifi is super fast! Kiddo had his ipad and streamed his netflix/PBS shows

-East Chase is where all the stores and restaurants are. Find the Target.

-Have kids? Well at he end of Perry Hill road (same street as hotel) is a park with play structure... just a quick drive.

-read my reviews of the restaurants we tried Downtown.

DON'T's:

-take the weather for granted! lol- I arrived and it was POURING rain at 11pm at night. Then hot and sunny the next day. Cali weather is pretty consistent, so this was new to me.

-pack too much- use the laundry- they are FULL size washer and dryers. Head to Target for your Tide/dryer Sheets.

-you don't need to budget an extravagant amount for food. All your basic fast-foods + a Chic-fil-A at the next exit. I was surprised how cheap we could eat in Montgomery. Panera not far, Chipotle, etc. As you get into downtown Montgomery--- restaurants that can get more expensive. NOTE: meters downtown end at 4:30pm, they say 6pm- but all the meter "maids" get off at 4:30pm.

Room Tip: packing light- ask for the 2nd floor to be near laundry
1 Thank Ninja_Mom_Hacks
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 22 May 2014

What an awesome weekend!! We had 22 family members come for our son's college graduation. We stayed three nights. Upon check in and throughout our stay Katie was amazing. Mark was our right hand man for all the car loading and unloading as we had guests at our sons house Friday and Saturday night. 50+ guests so this was quite an ordeal
to set everything up each day and Mark was amazing. The housekeepers are the best!!! Very friendly couldn't have asked for better.
Ray Brown, the manager checked with us to see if all our rooms were satisfactory. The breakfast crew was great as well. Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. The facility was very nice and obviously well kept. The outdoor area which we used the first night was great. Plenty of seating so everyone 30+ people really enjoyed the get together. Basketball and swimming for the kids too. To everyone who made our stay great, thanks for everything!!!!! If you stay anywhere else in Montgomery you have missed a real treat.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The 1 bedroom suites are worth a little extra just for the extra room. The...