“Very Clean - reasonable price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This pretty much ticked off all the boxes. It was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. It has a disappointing breakfast as it looked about the same as some of the lower priced chains. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen D
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Stephen D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear your stay went well, although I am equally disappointed that our breakfast did not appear up to par. Our full, hot breakfast and bakery items are rotated daily to provide different fare each morning. Either way, I will certainly circle with our food & beverage team to make sure everything is in top shape. Thanks again for your review and feedback! We certainly appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here multiple times. Great location, just off I85. The complimentary hot break fast is very good. The evening meal is OK, but a great deal if you want something quick. The free wine and beer is nice as well. The suites are large and comfortable. Most of all, the service and friendlness of the staff is fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Montgomery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

CJBoone,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear everything went well on your past stays with us. I completely agree--I believe we have the best team around! I really do. They do a phenomenal job--from check-in, to rooms to breakfast/dinner, maintenance and everywhere in between. They're always willing to help and it shows.

Thanks again for the kind remarks as I look forward to sharing them with our team!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Every thing great except quality of toilet tissue. Remodeled lobby very smart. Quality of breakfast excellent. Week day included supper very good. Have stayed here every year since facility opened . Plan to be there next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Lewe M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your family staying with us each year and are always excited when we see your reservation come through. I will be sure to address the toilet tissue and make sure that it is above par.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I travel A LOT for business and as a HHonors member I stay at a lot of Hilton hotels but this one is currently at the top of the list! Entering the hotel I wasn't expecting much but when I got into the room I was pleasantly surprised. The kitchenette, and the color scheme was beautiful! The bed was nice, firm and cozy but what took this hotel over the top for me was that amazing shower head lol!! I literally stayed in the shower for an hour because the pressure and different settings were relaxing and amazing. This hilton also catered to the little things that I pay attention to like 2 laundry bags instead of one etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I can be a bit picky!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Jaye I,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for being a loyal Hilton Honors member! As an Hilton Honors member, you all get to see more of our Hilton hotels than most--and I am delighted to hear that ours met and exceeded your expectations. Our goal is work on the details--the little things that people might notice and I am glad we came through.

Thanks again and hope to see you on your next trip through Montgomery!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped here for an overnight en-route to south Alabama. We arrived a little late, but were greeted promptly.

We had reserved two double-queen rooms. Unfortunately, the guest who was supposed to check out of one of our rooms extended an extra night, so there was only one double-queen room.

The front desk gentleman was very accomodating and gave us two single king beds and the only double queen, three rooms, for the original reservation price for two rooms. They definitely understand the value of customer satisfaction and I was impressed that the company empower the front desk people to make that call on the spot.

The hotel is just off I-85, not far from I-65, so it works if you're going north/south or east/west.
Rooms were standard Homewood Suites. That means excellent by most other standards: big room, pull-out couch, full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishwasher with dishes, etc. Just like a small apartment.

Breakfast was hot, delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

armstrongca,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. First off, I'm sorry that we weren't able to come through with your original requests on your reservation. It is not a common occurrence but can happen from time to time as some extended stay guests may stay over a little longer than they originally planned. We do our best to flex in those situations and come up with alternative solutions to meet the needs of our guests. In this case, we didn't think you should be penalized by having to pay for more rooms because of our inventory shortfall. However, we still try to provide the space that you originally needed. Even then it is still somewhat inconvenient, but we really do try to make the best of the situations as they arise. I believe in cases like that, our ability to highlight our service and willingness to accommodate shines through. For that, I appreciate you recognizing our desk team--they do a great job adjusting and adapting to take care of all of our guests.

Thanks again for the kind and thorough review. If you're ever passing through again on your way south, we'd love to have you again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My original hotel was overbooked and I got “walked” to Homewood Suites. I couldn’t have been more pleased. At 3 stars, it was an upgrade over my 2 ½ star reservation and the room was nothing short of spectacular. It was a huge suite that would be totally awesome for a long term stay or for an overnight or weekend family stay. For this single traveler it seemed downright luxurious.

The in suite kitchen had granite countertops and came equipped with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and two burner stove and was well appointed with Fiesta Ware, color coordinated of course. I don’t think I’ve seen an in suite kitchen this nice. There was also a table for dining as the space morphed into a living room with a sofa bed and coffee table. There was a generous amount of space before it transitioned into sleeping quarters with a desk, dresser, television and king size bed with ample pillows. The vanity, tucked away, also had granite countertops and was separate from the shower, tub and toilet.

The morning breakfast is fairly typical of a free hotel breakfast with scrambled eggs, grits, cereal, bagels, toast, juice, etc., but it was presented in a space that is more upscale than is typical. My eggs and grits were especially good.

There is also a small, functional business center.

This is all housed in a quiet, wooded office park just off the interstate, closer to town than hotels on the bypass or in East Montgomery.

I was left with a great impression of the hotel, my room and the amenities. Based on my experience you can’t go wrong with Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

atlhppwt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. As a Top Contributor, your feedback in invaluable to our future guests in making decisions on where to travel, dine and sightsee. From time to time, hotels worldwide will sometimes have a night where we're overbooked. I'm extremely pleased that this ended up paying off for you by getting the opportunity to experience our hotel. I'm even surprised that you took notice to our Fiesta Ware china in all of the suites. You really do pay attention to the details! In fact, you're the first person to upload new photos of our recently renovated hotel. We don't have the new professional photos up on the website as of yet, but we really appreciate you taking the time out of your trip to share with the TripAdvisor community what you experienced and visually--what you saw by uploading the photos. I hope on your next trip to Montgomery that instead of choosing the hotel that walked you--we'd love to be your first choice next time.

Thanks again and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have stayed at several Hilton properties. This one rates very high. Rooms were of excellent quality and helpfulness of staff some of the best. Location provided easy access to interstate and was with 5 minutes of downtown and local shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business