“Enjoy The Cup”

Ranked #100 of 464 Restaurants in Montgomery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoy The Cup”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Before there was a Newk's in Montgomery I had a large cup with Newk's logo emblazoned on it that I had inherited somehow. I had always imagined that this must be from some local event somewhere and they were just a sponsor. It turns out that they server their drinks in these collectible cups so when you go you'll have something to take back home with you.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Joe B

“Loved this place ! ”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

A group of us -- about 9-- went there yesterday. Pleasant staff. They accommodated our number and arranged tables ans chairs accordingly. Food was delicious ans plentiful. I had the cheddar broccoli soup and pesto chicken sandwich. Was delish!
Wouls definitely go there again!

“Good food but not as ordered”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant. I ordered the pimento cheese sandwich but asked for no tomato. The cashier said sure. My husband ordered the chicken salad sandwich but asked for no mustard. Again, we were told no problem. When I food arrived, my sandwich had the unwanted tomato and my husband's had the unwanted mustard. Fortunately, we did not make the requests because of allergies, just preferences, and we didn't want to wait so we just ate them anyway. The bread for the sandwiches was amazing. Just wish the kitchen paid attention to the orders more closely.

“Good condiment bar”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

It is sad to say that I thought the best thing about Newk's is the condiment station. They have good pickles, capers, banana peppers, and bread straws there. The food, on the other hand was average at best. I went with my wife and her parents so we got to try a few things on the menu. The chicken pesto sandwich was mostly bread with hardly anything in it. I looked at the sandwiches people had at other tables and they looked like they hardly had anything between the bread.
We had some pizza and it just was not good. The crust was floppy and the toppings were bland. We also had a Greek salad which was the best food item we had and would earn a grade of C.
This is a newly opened restaurant in Montgomery so we wanted to give it a try, but I wish we would have gone somewhere else.

Montgomery, Alabama
“Dinner - average, Service - great”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to Newks as it's new and close to home. We stepped inside and were greeted immediately, the staff is certainly very polite and had smiles to invite us in. The menu was posted on the wall to our right and we saw that they mainly have sandwiches, salads and pizzas. My husband ordered the roast beef sandwich and I got the veggie pizza. We sat outside and waited maybe five minutes and our food was delivered to us. I loved how quick their service was. The food on the other hand, it was just average. Honestly, I prefer Panera. I felt like seasoning was missing in my pizza and my husband said his sandwich was ok. Because the food was delivered to us so quickly, we were in and out of there within 30 mins. If the food was better, I'd consider going back. But the price is right. Maybe I should try something different next time I go back. Maybe...