“Being Mexican, I 100% APPROVE. ”

Taqueria El Campesino
Ranked #117 of 498 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

These tacos are straight up authentic. The red salsa is good and spicy as it should be. Don't be discouraged by the neighborhood.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

El Campesino is in a fairly bad part of town, with very limited parking. It is not surprising to see trouble in the streets near the place. With that said, we still gave it a shot. The parking is very limited, with only a handful of spots outside the restaurant.

Once inside, the staff is very friendly and almost makes up for all the other short comings. The food itself is average. I wouldn't write home about it but there is much worse Mexican restaurants in town.

Overall, I would probably go to another Mexican restaurant if that is what you are craving. The logistics of getting here are just too off putting for the flavor of the food.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The waitress was patient with those of us that do not read spanish. The steak tacos are very good. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I had to order according to pictures because I didn't know Spanish. I will be back and trying something different each time. And learning the language. Nice folks and colorful atmosphere. Outside looks sketchy but don't let that keep you away.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This place is a little hole in the wall next to a Mexican grocery store. The food is delicious. I had the Pastor burrito and my friend had the carnita tacos. Both were wonderful and the workers were very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place and don't be turned away from the outside appearance. It is worth it