“Great for family of 5 plus 2 dogs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery

Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Spring, Texas
“Great for family of 5 plus 2 dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This Drury Inn was a great stop for our 2 day trip eastward from Texas. Family of 5 in a 2 queen suite with sleeper sofa was very comfortable. The free dinner and breakfast at Drury Inn was very convenient. This hotel also had a very large grassy area that our dogs loved.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I were looking for a fairly reasonable priced hotel to stay with our two young children on our drive to Seacrest Beach, FL. I booked this hotel online for $70! We were happy with the hotel overall. The rooms were nice sized with a microwave and small fridge (one issue was the fridge was not cold and I had milk for my 3 month old!! thankfully I had my own cooler). We didn't make it in time for the 5:30 snack hour but it seems like a great idea. The breakfast was ok and was included in the room price. I was impressed with the 37 in. flat screen t.v. and the updated bathroom. Overall, we'd stay here again for that price!

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel overall is brand new - BUT, like most of the South hotels/motels, the housekeeping is less than good.
My room was clean except when I turned down the bed and found - not a little - but an entire section of bedding soiled with fresh/dried feces. Yes - not pretty.
The management didn't seem too concerned even when they came to see it and also admitted that they were very surprised how the maid just made the bed with this in it.
Moved to another room which was better - but bath was still not "Drury Clean". I wasn't offered a discount or refund at all - which should have been done.
I stay with Drury everywhere I travel to on business and cannot compliment the chain enough - they have NEVER been bad. But they need some serious housekeeping / management improvements here. I most likely will not stay at this Drury again.
It pains me to say that and it is all too bad.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank td397
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 7 September 2011
We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay at our Montgomery hotel. Your comments have been shared with hotel management to follow up with the appropriate departments. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Bolton England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days with my husband and my sister and her husband. We all shared a suite and were very satisfied. The accommodation on offer was more than comfortable. There was plenty of room for all four people to move about. The lounge area was very large and the bedroom the same ( very comfortable beds as well. ). There was a large sofa and a reclining armchair as well as a desk for a computer and a computer chair, also there was a large coffee table and two side tables. The food on offer was served very hot and was plentiful. This saved us a fortune on eating out. Also the 3 free alcoholic beverages available each evening was a bonus. There are free local calls and 60 minutes of long distance calls you have available to you each day. We used this facility as my sister has an out of state cell phone. The location suited our needs as we were visiting family and it was easy to get round round Montgomery, with the interstate next to the hotel to get to downtown for a sail on the Alabama river. The staff were very friendly and always asking if everything was OK. There is a very nice swimming pool that goes from the inside to the outside. I used the gym and was satisfied with the equipment on offer. I would use Drurys Inn again when in Montgomery and also elsewhere in the US.

Irvington, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We initially chose this hotel because of the AM and PM free food. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of every aspect of this hotel. Great pool, great fitness room, wonderful food and plenty of it. Clean, comfortable beds and room. Customer service was top-notch. The girl at the desk even addressed me by name in passing, which was really impressive since the hotel was full that night. Every employee said Good morning - every employee said Thank you. Located very close to the mall and only about 10 minutes from everything else downtown. I was just really impressed with this hotel - I will go out of my way to stay here again. Absolutely perfect!!

Room Tip: Non-smoking floor is 1st floor
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I have stayed at many Drurys around the country and this is probably my least favorite. Bad water pressure (I'm on the 7th floor), refrigerator in room did not work, water cooler in gym was broken. Usually the Drury goes out of its way to make sure everything is up to par. The 5:30 kickback is fine, but as someone conscious of what she eats, it's fast food fare at best. I don't think it would kill them to have a tossed salad like some of the other Drurys do. There is the problem of smoke on some floors where non-smoking and smoking rooms are together. They do need to congregate on one floor. I'm hoping I just got the luck of the draw on this experience because generally I only have good things to say. Not this one!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NotGrlNextDoor
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the 5:30 Kickback on your recent stay with us but are sorry, though, about the disappointing water pressure and refrigerator in your room. We want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their guest room and feel like they’re home when they stay with us. We’re also appreciative of you bringing the water cooler in the exercise room to our attention. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow up with both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Me and my girlfriends stayed here for two nights while travelling across the usa and i can honestly say i wished we would of booked more nights! Upon arrival we we're checked in super fast by a very friendly receptionist who went through everything with us. The lobby was nice and clean and quite fancy we then preceeded to our room which was great! It had a flat screen tv, a desk, an AC unit, Fridge, Microwave and it was really spacouis. The cleanliness of the room was superb and the lazyboy chair was really comfortable. This hotel is close to the Interstate but you can be gaurenteed a great nights sleep as you dont even hear it. The breakfast is great! hot sausage patties, french toast, scrambled eggs and Biscuits in gravy. There is also a great slection of cereals, muffins, bagels, donuts and a make your own waffle bar! the evening snacks we're a great welcome to with an interchanble menu.There is also a free popcorn trolley in the lobby and a pantry incase you get peckish. The gym is 24 hours and the pool is from 10am til 10pm which is great! it also has a whirpool to relax inn! Overall this hotel was great and we would stay here again without a doubt

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple