“A cut above most moderate rate hotels”

Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Cincinnati Ohio
“A cut above most moderate rate hotels”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. We booked an e-rate, so we got $10 off each night stay, one on the way down at this location and on the way back at another location.
Drinks are free from 5:30pm to 7 pm (limit 3), along with light snacks (popcorn etc)
They offer a free hot breakfast, although we didn't partake because we wanted to hit the road and just grabbed coffee.
We were looking for a place to eat and the young man recommended a place right up the street called the Big Easy. He said we had to try the Boudin balls. We enjoyed our dinner and I brought him back an order for being so helpful.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Alabama
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Traveled with family to attend Auburn Homecoming game.....One of the newer hotels in Montgomery......Extra services are great (Mngr Cocktail Hour)......Staff always friendly......Will stay this year for homecoming again........

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Griffin
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed in an oversize room -- actually a small suite -- and couldn't have been happier, since with Drury's Esaver rate we paid only $65 a night.

Drury offers so many extras at no additional cost: cocktails in the evening, a hot breakfast, free long distance calls.

I wish there were more of them; I'd stay often, but they don't seem to be in most of the places I visit.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Have stayed at Drury Inn and Suites Montgomery several times in the last 6 months and it has been a positive experience each time. There have been a problem or two on occasion, but they are quick to make it right. Friendly service, great breakfast and nice night time snack. I particularly like the soft drink machine made available at breakfast time. So far so good and I am scheduled for another visit in a few days for a family get together.I have stayed at other Drurys in Tennessee and they have all been a pleasant visit...Staff does make a big difference.That is the big plus at any hotel, how you are treated...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlabamaBrowser
Indianapolis
Reviewed 17 July 2009

My family and I have stayed at this hotel 5 times, always a one-night waypoint in our annual summer pilgrimage to Florida, beginning in 2005 when it opened and everything was new. Four years later, the place is as well kept and well run as it was in the beginning. While this review discusses our most recent stay, it is true of our experiences over time as well.

Service was quick and courteous, despite that it was Independence Day weekend and jam-packed busy. Common areas were clean and well maintained. There is an indoor/outdoor pool, small business center, and commissary. Overall value has decreased slightly over the past couple of years since price (and perhaps local tax) has gone up some. But with all the amenities, which include a somewhat respectable hot breakfast buffet, complimentary cocktails and snacks in the evening, and a 24-hour coffee station, the overall value is still excellent. The lobby and dining area was well maintained and comfortable.

The room was very clean, odor-free, warm and homey, with nice-looking furniture. Soft items like curtains, bedspreads, and carpet are neither particularly attractive nor objectionable. Our non-suite room had a small coffee maker, microwave, mini-fridge, ironing board, hair dryer, and free wireless internet. Climate control worked well. Our guest room was free of hallway noise. The beds were extremely comfortable and there is a choice of either polyester or down pillows.

For me, the acid test for cleanliness and housekeeping quality is always the bathroom. You will not find the dreaded pubic hair pasted to the shower wall at the Drury. The bathroom was replete with marble countertops and floors and very clean. The walls are made of a faux marble vinyl tile that looks like the real deal. Shower curtain was clean and free of mildew; the sink and shower hardware were spotless.

The immediate area has many restaurants and conveniences and has always appeared to me to be safe. Again, our most recent experience was consistent with all our other stays at this hotel. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs to stay in Montgomery for business or pleasure. Hope this helps.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank HonkHonk
Maryland
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The evening reception was great and so was breakfast the next day. I would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2008

I Had never stayed at a Drury Inn & Suites hotel before 9/13/08 I put a hold on my King Bed while having lunch. And when my girlfriend and I arrived we got are card keys and went up to the room on the 7th floor while in the hallway I could smell Cig smoke weird I thought? When in the room we kept on hearing a beep for the microwave was broken. While removing the luggage cart to the first floor I went to the counter and asked for another room and was given one room on the 5th floor. When we moved with bags to it I noticed that this room had been smoked in also. So it was back to the Front Counter and I was about to ask for my money back when the young man I had been dealing with said he was giving us a hot tub room for all the trouble we had gone thru. The room was nice but unless this Hotel pulls smoking from every Hotel they own I will not be staying there in the future!

• Liked — Happy Hour for Adults, and Breakfast in the morning
  • Disliked — Smoking and Pet friendly Hotel
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)