“Craving BBQ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dreamland BBQ
Ranked #2 of 453 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Craving BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Passed through Montgomery on the way home from Atlanta and it did not let us down. The Ribs and the banana pudding are amazing. Worth the detour

Murphy, North Carolina
“Dreamland BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon it by chance, had previously been to the RiverWalk and was intrigued by The Alley, where Dreamland is located. Beautiful old brick building with a very cool atmosphere. We went for lunch and was very pleased to see active military there. Bar had a huge amount of military memorabilia - so awesome! Now to the food and HEAVENLY sweet tea: I had combo of chopped chicken and chopped pork w/ sides of Mac-n-cheese and baked beans, my man had same with addition of ribs and sausage sides of fries and potato salad (starch galore). The lunch was served with a slice of white loaf bread, perfect for soaking up any BBQ sauce that may linger on plate- excellent sauce!!! We ate EVERYTHING and then shared Dreamland's wonderful banana pudding as a finale, a definite must have! The only complaint is that I really wanted a Dreamland shirt for myself and one to take home to the kid, couldn't get one as bartender had no key access to the cabinet where shirts were- kinda strange, said that keys to lock on cabinet were stored in the safe : / ?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Nothing to dream about.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I had heard for years how great this BBQ...such a disappointment. We started with the nachos. I have had better nachos at a ballpark - grocery store chips, a scoop of melted cheddar, and a scoop of meat. If the meat had any flavor...it might have saved the nachos. The flavor was lacking in my main dish too.

1 Thank Thejanipa
Andalusia, Alabama
“Finger licking good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is good BBQ. Friendly atmosphere and convenient when you are attending a downtown event. Service is good as well.

Visited November 2013
Deep South
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been eating at the original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa for 30 years, now. I was a bit leery about the very nice Montgomery version ... I mean, compared to Tuscaloosa this is a very nice restaurant. The original is, well, unique. But Montgomery was very comfortable and very good. The ribs were definitely Dreamland, and mine were perfectly prepared. We had a group of 7 and for some reason they threw a waitress-in-training amongst us. But she handled it well, with plenty of good cheer. It's in a great location in downtown Montgomery. I was in the Doubletree and it was about a 5-minute walk from there. Since I have to go to Montgomery 3 or 4 times a year, knowing this Dreamland is almost as good as its forbear makes the thought of the trips much more enticing. If only Big John were there.

• Visited August 2014